Chapter 2

**Alana's P.O.V**

"I'm sure Padma will come home. Just give it some time." said my friend Elizabeth as we carpooled to work. I just nodded my head pretending to agree, but inside I was going crazy. When I got up for work this morning I thought maybe Padma came back last night and was probably asleep on the porch. Only when I got dressed and went to check, I realized I was wrong. I was determined to find her after work, I just had to. Seven long agonizing hours later I was out looking for Padma again. I looked and called, but still saw no sign of Padma. I was slowly losing my mind, where the hell was Padma? I gave up a little while later and went home. When I turned the corner to my house I saw the car. It was the same car from last night, the car that dropped me off during the storm. I got a funny feeling, but passed it off as my upset feelings. When I reached the car Dana stepped out with a huge smile. "Hey, I was just stopping by to see if I could pay for your dry cleaning since I ruined your clothes." I smiled at the nice gesture, but I had to deny. I told him they were old clothes, and that everything was ok. We stood and talked for a while, then he offered to buy me dinner. Saying he hoped I would except, because he felt really bad about ruining my things. I agreed and we went out. When we arrived at our destination I was surprised to see that we were in front of Helen's. Helen's was the most expensive restaurant in town, somewhere you would usually take a girlfriend or wife. I expressed to him that this was too much, and that McDonald's or some other fast-food place would be fine. He ofcourse said it would be ok, he didn't mind spending cash. Once we were inside I was shocked to find out he already made reservations, I mean this was getting kind of creepy to be honest. But I let it go as nervousness, as the waiter lead us to our table. The restaurant was beautiful, beyond even my wildest dreams. The walls were a deep royal purple, the floors were made of hardwood stained a creamy white caramel color, there were cream colored satin curtains covering the Windows. The tables were gorgeously decorated with beautiful eggshell white dining sets. Once we ordered we started asking questions trying to get to know me better, but I avoided most. I wasn't comfortable answering questions about my past, there were too many memories. After we ate, he asked if I'd like to go to the park, I declined saying I had an early morning at work tomorrow. He dropped me off a few minutes later, saying "I'll see you soon." and winking as he drove off.