Chapter 11

*Alana's P.O.V.*

*8 Years Later*

"Carson, watch out for that puddle." I said as my son ran full speed towards the playground. Smiling as I watched my son jump over the puddle, I sat down on the bench. His birthday is about to come up in a couple of days, and I still haven't figured out what to get him. I mean he is turning eight, maybe i should finally get him a tablet. Yeah, its decided, I'm definitely getting him a tablet. "Mommy look!" Screamed Carson as he stood at the top of the slide. I smiled and pulled out my phone snapping a few pictures of him posing. He is just so adorable.

After the park we went for icecream, then I dropped Carson off and headed to the mall to buy a tablet for his birthday. I smiled to myself happy that my life was finally how it should be. Once I reached the mall I had to hunt for a parking spot, finally finding one at the end of the lot. I hated that it was so far from the mall, but it was the only available spot. Pushing my doubts to the back of my mind I hurry to the mall, purchase the tablet and hurry back to the lot before it got too dark for my liking.

Once I picked up Carson, made it home, and cooked dinner I was drained. I would like nothing better than to go to bed, but first i had to bathe Carson and read him a bedtime story. After his bath and story Carson was out for the night. I went into my room and slept the moment my head hit the pillow.

"I want the bounce house in the back corner of the yard." I said to the workers as I walked around the back yard making sure everything was perfect for my son's birthday party this afternoon. I know he's going to be so excited, especially when he sees that I hired a Spiderman impersonator. Looking at my watch I see its almost time for the party to start, so I tell everyone to get into their places to hide and suprise Carson. A few minutes passed and then I heard the sound of a car horn, meaning the babysitter is here with Carson. Evryone hid and crouched from view, then Carson came into the backyard and everyone jumped out and screamed "Happy Birthday Carson!". He was so excited, he didn't know how to react. He just stood with a huge smile, and his eyes twinkling. I walked up to him, and he threw his arms around me thanking me a million times for his party. As long as he was happy so was I. Its a moment you just feel nothing will ever ruin. Carson took full advantage of his party, he played all the games, ate great food, played in the bounce house, and took lots of pictures with Spiderman. I smiled the whole afternoon watching him enjoy himself. As the fun slowed down it was time for cake and ice cream, then gifts. I snapped lots of pictures during the party, and during the cake, icecream, and gifts. Everyone said their goodbyes a little while later, and I found myself cleaning up the backyard. Once I was done I went back inside to see Carson sitting on the couch with a gift in his hands. "Hey Noodle, what do you have there? I thought we opened everything." I said as I sat beside him looking at the gift, not sure if I remember seeing it on the table with the rest. "I don't know what it is yet. I just saw it sitting by the front door with my name on it." Shrugging off not knowing who bought the gift I look for a name tag, thinking maybe someone filled it out. Finding the tag I look to see what it says, and almost scream. The words written on the tag imprint themselves in my mind. "Hey Carson, happy birthday big guy. I can't wait to finally meet you. See you soon. Love you're daddy." He's supposed to be in jail. Why wasn't I informed of his release? Oh someone was definitely getting cursed out tomorrow morning. There is no way that this man can do this. He can not force his way back into my life, and for damn sure he is never meeting my son. Even if he is his father, he raped me. He doesn't deserve to meet Carson. It'll be a cold day in he'll before he even thinks that's going to happen. I look over at Carson who is oblivious to my mini meltdown, hugging the Spiderman stuffed teddy that was in the box that creep sent him. I wanted to snatch it and throw it out, but Carson was already attached. A while later he fell asleep so I put him to bed and went myself. Dreaming of nothing but bad things I imagined happening now that Dana was back out on the streets.