Part Two

I felt like I had never met the man standing in front of me. Now taller, broader, and tanner, he looked so different from the boy I dated years ago. He was like a total stranger to me, now.

I tried to ignore all the different effects he was having on my body, right now. But it wasn't working. It was hard to focus on anything other than him and what he was doing to me.

A million familiar feelings and thoughts were rushing back to me, catching me off guard. I tried to ignore all of them, but it was hard to - with Grayson so close to me. And he looked so good in that damn suit with his hair slicked back.

"Grayson, baby, this is my best friend, in the whole, entire world -"

"Savannah?" He breathed out, his eyes never leaving mine.

His voice, deeper and huskier now, sent chills down my spine. I almost collapsed right then and there at the way my name left his tongue.

Out of the corner of my eye I could see Jacks head snap up to glance in between me and Grayson.

"How did you know that?" I could hear the slight hint of jealousy in Jack's voice as his grip around my waist tightened and he pulled me even closer to him.

"Yeah," Avery looked at Grayson weirdly. "How did you know that was her full name?"

Everyone called me Anna. Only certain people knew my real name - Grayson included.

"I've just... heard you mention it before." He stuttered, turning to Avery.

For a split second I tell by the look on her face that she almost didn't believe him. But after a moment, she nodded, the same happy look returning to her face.

I grabbed onto Jacks hand, wanting to get out of this situation as quickly as I could. "Well I think we'll go get something to drink-"

Jack pulled his hand out of my grip and stuck it out to Grayson. "Jack. Savannah's boyfriend." He said, challengingly.

I knew he had caught Grayson staring at me just a little too long. And that, plus the fact that Grayson had to let everyone know he knew my real name, probably had Jack's blood boiling with jealousy.

I watched Grayson's jaw clench as he shook Jack's hand.

I grabbed Jack's other hand. "Jack, come on." I urged him, tugging him away. "I'll find you later, Aves." I sighed.

She nodded. "Yeah, look for me after the toast!"

Jack dropped Grayson's hand, eyeing him until I had completely turned him around. "What the hell was that?" I whispered to him as we walked away.

"Do you know that guy?" Jack asked me, ignoring my question completely.

I probably knew him better than anyone else.

"No," I lied through my teeth. "Why?"

Jack almost said something but closed his mouth, shaking his head. "Never mind. It's nothing."

I left it at that. The last thing I needed or wanted to talk about, right now, was Grayson.

I just wanted to leave. I don't know how much longer I could be reminded that Grayson was going to spend the rest of his life with someone who wasn't me.