31

The elevator finally stopped ascending upward, and the doors opened once again. Fastly, I turned to the right, and saw Brendon whimpering while sitting against the wall that was next to Dallon's room.

"Brendon, please don't tell me..." I walked toward him, and kneeled in front of him, wrapping his shaking body in a warm embrace.

"H-he... H-h-he..." 

"It's okay, Bren," I comforted. 

"H-he went into cardiac arrest.. I-I was just s-sitting next to him, and t-then... and then, I h-heard a long beep," he cried.

"Oh god.. no.."

"How long ago?" Zack asked.

"L-like a half hour. 6 doctors went in t-there, and haven't c-come out, so I don't know w-what to think"

"Did they sa-" Zack was interrupted by 5 doctors coming out of Dallon's room, frowns on their faces.

"I-Is he okay?" Brendon rushed.

"He's as stable as he's going to get. We've pumped his stomach, so there's nothing left. In his stomach anyway. There might be some particles of the medicine in his blood, but we can't really tell right now," he told us.

I nodded, "can we see him?"

"Yeah, sure, go ahead"

We all practically ran into his room. I looked around the room, and then at him. He had all sorts of tubes running into his body, and he looked awful. His face was pale, his eyes had dark bags around them, and his cheeks looked sunken in. There was still a doctor checking things off of her clipboard, and then she eventually left. 

~~

"Hey, I'm going to make a few calls, and cancel the show for tonight. I'll be right back," Zack said quietly, slowly making his way out of the room.

It had been hours since I arrived at the hospital. Dallon didn't wake up. I mean, I would be lying if I said that I thought he would. He seemed too far gone. All of a sudden, Brendon's phone rings, and he looks at it, giving it a confused look. 

"I'll be right back, I love you"

"I love you too," I slightly smiled, and he left the room, leaving me alone with Dallon.

I moved to the seat Brendon was sitting in, which was next to his bed.

"God, Dallon. Please make it through. Please, for me"

*Brendon's Point Of View*

I accepted the call hesitantly, the person immediately speaking.

"I know who you are, and everything about you. I'm going to ruin your whole life. I hope you've had fun with my daughter because all of that is going to change," the woman on the other line told me.

"Who are you?" I asked. I probably could've thought of something else to say, but that was all I had.

"Someone who is extremely angry that you took their daughter away from them"

"So you're Amelia's mother, correct?"

"That is right"

"I hope you know what you did to her. She was suffering when she was in the arms of you. What you did to her was completely fucked up, and if I ever see you, we're going to have problems," I said through gritted teeth.

"Oh, you have no idea what I'm going to do to you, and your career. Watch me," and with that, the call ended. 

I was speechless. Did she really mean everything she said? A wave of anxiety rushed through my body as I thought of what she could possibly do. Whatever happens, I have to stay strong. For Amelia's sake.

Without thinking, I started walking toward the elevator, eventually ending up on the ground floor.

*Amelia's Point of View*

It had been hours since Brendon left. He wasn't answering his phone, so I anxiously jumped up, and started speed walking toward the door.

"A-Amelia?" I heard a soft voice behind me, making my whole body freeze.

Slowly, I turned around to see Dallon sitting up, slightly smiling.

"Dallon!" I exclaimed, running toward him and wrapping him in a tight hug.

"Hello to you too," he laughed.

I pulled away, just staring at him. He's actually awake. He survived.

"Like what you see?" He joked, and I looked away, blushing.

"Wait, do you like," he paused for a moment, "are you into me?"

"Dallon, I'm dating Brendon!" I exclaimed.

"It's a fair question! I've seen the way you look at me, and how much you care about me. Cause I mean, I kinda like you, but that's a little complicated because of Brendon I guess"

"Oh my god," I sighed, "Dallon.. I used to have feelings for you, but I guess they're gone. We're just friends, okay? I couldn't do that to Brendon"

"It's a shame that I don't believe you," he smirked, and I started walking toward the door, my cheeks flushing a deeper pink.

He slowly stood up, wheeling his drip that was on a metal stand. He grabbed my hand, slowly turning me around.

"Dallon, I-"

"Shh," He quieted me by putting his index finger on my mouth. 

He lowered his head, lightly brushing his nose on mine. My heart rate started increasing, and my breath hitched as his lips were centimeters from mine. His hands rested on my cheeks gently, as he pulled my face closer. Steadily, I backed away.

"I-I can't, I'm sorry," I mumbled, turning around, and speed walking out of the room before Dallon could get one word out.

My fast walking turned into a run as I was booking it toward the elevator. But when I turned the corner, I slammed into a person, my body falling to the floor. I groaned, rubbed my head, and eventually looked up.

"What the fuck was that about?" Brendon asked, clearly out of breath from the collision. 

"D-Dallon's awake"

"Wait, what?! LET'S GO!" Brendon started sprinting to Dallon's room, letting nurses know that he woke up.

I couldn't go back in there, It'd be too awkward. I just can't believe he did that though. Slowly, I picked myself up, and walked into the elevator, pressing the button for the ground floor.