e i g h t e e n

"Do I look okay?" Jimin asks as they step out of the taxi

"Do I look okay?" Jimin asks as they step out of the taxi. He puffs out his chest, holding his breath.

Jungkook gives him a gentle smile. "You look perfect. Ready?"

Jimin exhales. "Ready."

"Omo, our Jungkookie is here!"

As soon as her eyes lay on her beloved son, Mrs. Jeon bursts into arrays of happiness. Her mouth stretches into a bright smile as she tackles her son into a bear hug. "You've grown so much, Jungkookie-ah!" She exclaims, tears forming at the corner of her eyes. She hugs him again, showering him with kisses.

"Omma—" Jungkook tries to stop her from embarrassing him any further, but he's cut off by another kiss. He laughs heartily. "I missed you, too."

Mr. Jeon appears from behind, a warm smile on his face. "It's good to see you, son."

"Appa!" Jungkook cries, sounding like an actual baby. He makes his way over to his dad, engulfing him into a hug. His dad laughs merrily, wrapping his arms around his son. 

Their happy reunion is soon interrupted when Jimin walks through the door. Mrs. Jeon notices his presence and freezes. For the longest time, no one says anything. Everyone stares at him, stunned. Jimin shifts uncomfortably at their reaction. "Um, hello, Mr. & Mrs. Jeon. Merry Christmas!"

"J-Jimin?" Mrs. Jeon stutters as if she can't believe her eyes. She slowly makes her way over. When she gets close enough to study his features, her mouth falls open in delight as she pulls him into a tight embrace. "I can't believe it! You're joining us today?!"

Jimin's nervous expression breaks into an enchanting smile as he returns the hug. "Haha, yes. Jungkookie invited me."

Mrs. Jeon pulls always, her eyebrows scrunched together. "He didn't tell me anything!" She sends her son a reprimanding look.

Jungkook gives her a tight lips smile and puts his hands up meekly. "Well, surprise!"

Mr. Jeon can barely contain his joy. He walks over to give Jimin a big hug. "So glad you can join us, Jimin-ah!

Jimin smiles at him gratefully. "Thank you for having me."

Soon enough, the rest of Jungkook's relatives begin to make their appearances. As soon as their eyes land on the handsome pair, they begin gushing in excitement. Jungkook sports the biggest grin as they approach them. His aunts and uncles give him hugs and claps on the back. "Nice to see you again, Jungkook-ah. You look so handsome!"

He beams at them, his ego skyrocketing. But their attention is quickly shifted to Jimin standing behind him.

"My god, is this the Park Jimin?" Jungkook's aunt gushes, her eyes fixated on Jimin in awe.

His other aunt's mouth falls open in shock. "You look...so beautiful."

"He looks a lot more handsome in real life," Jungkook's uncle comments, giving him nods of approval.