Chapter 13

The next morning, Alexis woke up, got dressed and went downstairs to have breakfast. She saw Alice making breakfast.

"Good morning, Alexis." Alice greeted her.

"Morning Alice. Whatcha making?" Alexis asked.

"Cinnamon french toast." Alice answered. "It should be ready in a minute." Alexis went over to the fridge and poured herself a glass of chocolate milk. Alice set a plate on the table and Alexis sat down and started to eat. After a couple minutes, everyone came into the kitchen.

"How are you this morning, sweetie?" Carlisle asked Alexis as he kissed the top of her head.

"I'm good." Alexis answered. "How are you guys?"

"Good." Everyone said.

"Once Alexis is done eating, I want everyone in the living room for a family meeting." Carlisle said in a serious tone. Everyone nodded and headed into the living room, while Alexis continued to eat. Once she finished eating and put her plate and cup in the sink, she walked into the living room.

"Everyone's here now." Rosalie said. "What did you want to discuss with us, Carlisle?"

"With everything that has happened lately with Bella and Alexis." Carlisle started. "I think it would be best if we left Forks and went somewhere else."

"I agree." Edward said. "I don't want to put Bella into anymore danger."

"What does everyone else think?" Carlisle asked, looking around at his family. They all nodded in agreement.

"I'm going to Bella's to say goodbye." Edward said.

"I'm going to do the same with Seth." Alexis said.

"Ok." Carlisle said. Alexis made her way to Seth's house. She knocked on the door and he answered the door.

"Hey!" He said.

"Hey." Alexis said. "Can we talk?"

"Sure. Come on in." Seth said, stepping aside. Alexis walked into the house. "What's up?"

"My family's leaving." Alexis said.

"What!?" Seth said, shocked. "Why?"

"My Dad thinks it would be best with everything that happened between me and Bella."

"Oh ok." Seth said. "I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you, too." Alexis said. "We have each other's numbers so we can text and FaceTime everyday." They hugged and Seth kissed Alexis on the cheek. Alexis blushed a little bit. She said goodbye to Seth and walked out of the house, heading back to her own. She arrived back at the house at the same time Edward did.

"We have everything packed." Carlisle said. "Everyone ready to go?"

They all nodded and headed out to their cars. Alice, Jasper, and Edward got in Edward's car. Rosalie and Emmett got in the Jeep, and Alexis got in her father's car with her dad and Esme. They all drove out of the driveway and towards the state line. They were headed to Maine. By the time they arrived in Maine, it was 6 pm. Alexis was getting hungry, so they all stopped at a fast food restaurant so she could eat. She got a burger with fries and a soda. When she finished, everyone got back in their cars and drove to the house that Carlisle bought. When they arrived at the house, Alexis was really tired so she went straight up to bed. During the night, Alexis woke up drenched in sweat. "Ahh." She said. The nightmares about James were gone, but she was now having nightmares about the Volturi. Carlisle walked into her room.

"Are you ok." He asked, concerned.

"I had a nightmare." Alexis said. Carlisle got into bed with her and held her.

"What was it about?" He asked.

"I was in Volterra. You guys came for me, but the Aro and them killed all of you and I was forced to join the Volturi." Alexis confessed. She let a couple tears fall.

"I'm right here, baby." Carlisle said. "And I promise I'll never let that happen to you." Alexis nodded.

"Go back to bed." Carlisle said. Alexis closed her eyes and fell asleep in her father's arms. Carlisle stroked his daughter's hair as she slept. The next morning, Alexis woke up still on her father's arms.

"You stayed here all night?" She asked, looking up at him.

"Of course." He said, kissing the top of her head. "I'll let you get dressed." Carlisle got up and walked out of the room. Alexis got dressed and headed downstairs. She heard her father talking to Jasper.

"Is there something you could do to help her." Carlisle said. "I hate seeing her have so many nightmares."

"Maybe." Jasper said. "I'll see what I can do, Carlisle." Alexis walked into the kitchen, poured some cereal into a bowl, and sat down eating. Jasper walked into the room.

"Good morning, Alexis." He greeted her.

"Morning Jasper." Alexis said. After eating, Alexis hung out with her family the rest of day. Alexis went to sleep that not having anymore nightmares.