11- The Phoenix

Her hair was longer. She was in an outfit I wouldn't have expected her to wear; a blue floral blouse with khaki pants and flats that were the same color as the pink flowers on her shirt. The clothes appeared too common for her taste.
She didn't look as old as she did the last time I saw her- When I accidentally turned her into ash.

I sat up on my knees and stared at her widely in horror. There was no way she could've been alive, and I couldn't think of a plausible explanation as to how she survived. I slowly placed my right palm against the tiled floor while remaining eye contact. I could sense her standing several feet ahead of me.
She was no illusion.

I quickly jumped to my feet and rushed to the window without looking at what was behind me. The moment my back hit the glass, I felt a sudden rush of dizziness.

My heart was pounding hard and I thought I was going to throw up everywhere. She stared at me confused as I clutched onto my chest and began to shake all over. I was going to faint.

"Alger?" She didn't even sound like herself. She took a step toward me.

"No!" I choked out. My knees buckled as I started to hyperventilate. I couldn't take it.

I collapsed to the floor.

I fell on my knees and landed on my stomach. I felt her hands grip my shoulders as she flipped me over onto my back.

Black spots began to dance on the ceiling as her hair brushed against my face while she stared down at me. I tried to fight her off, but I was too exhausted and too weak to do so.

I could barely keep my eyes open. The shock of her actually being there caused me to go into a great panic. A freak out so bad, my first instinct was to pass out.

I didn't want to become unconscious; I knew that I needed to stay conscious with her around, but I couldn't control anything my body was doing at that point.

My eyelids were becoming heavier with every deep breath I forced myself to take. I sensed as her heart sped through my right hand as it grazed her side. She was really there.
She had me laying on her lap now with my left arm stretched out and my other arm pinned between our abdomens.

It would make it easier on her if I wasn't aware of what she were going to do. She could kill me in my sleep, as we both were on the tiled floor of the facility's living area.

I knew that's what she would've wanted; For me to make things simple for her. She did give birth to me, after all. I killed her, she killed me.
Seemed fair.

So, I just closed my eyes and decided not to open them again. I was tired. Apparently dying didn't solve any of my major problems the first time.

Maybe second time's the charm.