15- First Night Jitters

New York City. A place full of all walks of life, was barren. Not a single soul was there.
Except for me.
I was standing dead center of the street, Stark's Tower leaning over me. There was a cool breeze that had a warmness to it, but it brought nothing but eerie chills.
The sky was grey. An unfamiliar darkness loomed over the city that blocked out the sun.
This wasn't a memory. I couldn't recall of this ever happening. Where had all the people gone?
I sensed nothing. No heartbeats, no indications something was near, nothing. Everyone had just disappeared.
Then, there was a crash.
I whipped around and saw a large spaceship that was smashed into the pavement a few feet away from where I stood. All it's oil oozing out as it hissed and smoked from the impact. I didn't even hear it coming. It was spherical with a large circular windshield that was surprisingly still intact from the impact.
I slowly stepped toward it, trying to figure out what was inside from the vibrations. The metal the ship was made from made it nearly impossible for me to get a reading.
I inched up to the window and tried to look inside. Smoke was filling up in there and made it hard to see.
Then suddenly, a human hand slapped against the glass.
I let out a yelp as it slid down and faded back into the cloud of smoke.
There was something in there.

I stepped back and as hard as I could, punched the center of the window. It didn't even crack.
I knelt down and pressed my left hand against the concrete and manipulated small pieces from the debris of the wreck to form around my hand like a glove. I raised back up and formed my hand into a fist and struck the glass again. It began to crack as I kept striking it until it was all shattered onto the ground.
I manipulated the air to pull the smoke out of the ship and I jumped in looking for the human. I saw a body crumpled up on the floor and I picked it up and placed them outside on the road.
I bent down, flipped them over, and gasped. It was Tony Stark covered in soot and dressed down to a tank top and a pair of jeans. He was sweaty and unconscious. He even seemed malnourished.
What was he doing in a spaceship?
I lightly grazed his face with my fingertips. He gasped for breath as he tightly grabbed my wrist and stared at me with bloodshot eyes.

"Alger," He quaked, "Alger, please listen to me. I don't have much time."

"What's wrong?"

He released my wrist and held onto my hand. His pulse was quick, but weakening.

"They aren't dead. You all thought they were, but they're still alive. And they're coming for you. They want you dead!" He stammered as he started to shake.

I could never imagine the famed Tony Stark acting that way. He was terrified.

"Whose they?"

He glanced around as if something was going to jump out and attack him.

"Tony," I pressed on, "Who are they?"

He whimpered. "We're running out of time."
He shuttered at the thought.

Alger.

"Tony?"

He stared up at his tower and drew out his last breath as his eyes glossed over.

Alger, we're running out of time.

I let go of his hand and shook him by the shoulders. He wasn't responding. There was no pulse.

"Tony!"

Alger!

I began to cry. "No!"

I was suddenly laying down on the top bunk in Peter's room while he was hanging upside down inches away from my face.

Another nightmare. Except, I don't remember it ever happening.