Chapter Eighteen

WHOA. WAT.

DID I JUST WRITE A NEW CHALTER AND POST IS ONE DAY AFTER THE LAST ONE.

THE ANSWER IS YES. YES I DID.

I HOPE YOU ARE ALL PROUD OF ME. CAISE I AM PROUD OF ME.

ONE MORE CHALTER LEFT GUYS. THEN IT'S OVER. I WILL MISS IT DX

PERHAPS I WILL WRITE ANOTHER LOKI STORY? ABOUT HIS CHILDHOOD DAYS? I COULD ADD AMORA... PERHAPS! TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK, AND GIVE ME OTHER IDEAS! I HOLE YOU LOVE THIS CHAPTER AS MUCH AS I DO! I ALSO HIIIIIIGHLY RECOMEND PLAYING THE SOMG ON THE SIDE WHEN LOKI COMES IN TO THE STORY!!!!

I LOVE YOU ALL!!! HOPE YOU ENJOY, VOTE, FAN, AND COMMENT! MESSAGE ME FOR WHATEVER!

-Haeley

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Swallowing hard, my hands held a align tremble as I felt the Helicarrier descend, knowing what was rapidly approaching me. I knew I still wasn't anywhere near ready, and even though I would be holed up in Tony's place, little comfort came. My fear must have rely shown, because Tony came to my side. His expression was dull and serious, something frighteningly out of place on his usually sarcastic and humorous face. He put his arm around my shoulders, and for once, I didn't duck of of his grasp.

This time, I could tell he was trying to give me strength. Taking a deep breath through my nose, I looked over at him from the corner of my eyes. We shared a small moment of silence before Fury's voice cut through me like a hot knife through butter. "Ready yourselves. We're landing now."

I bit down hard on my lower lip, looking forward again and closing my eyes. Tony spoke softly at my side. "Just keep calm and don't do anything heroic." He told me briskly. However, there was a tone of care in his voice.

I gave him a small forced smile. "I know. Trust me when I say I plan on ignoring all heroics." I wanted to survive this one. Besides- no matter what I did, if I interfered, I would surely only cause a problem than solve one. If the chance came to where I could take out an enemy from my nest in the Stark Tower penthouse to save one of them, then I would, without a doubt. However, I knew exactly what Tony was talking about as he ordered me. Don't jump into the fight. Dot be a fool. I dorm need him to tell me that, though. I had seen enough movies to know better.

Tony gave me a sharp nod, keeping his brown eyes on me, a sort of softness to them. I was glad I met him. As annoying he was sometimes, as awkward as he made me feel most of the time, and as drunk as he was all of the time, Tony Stark was a good man. I leaned over and put my head on his shoulder, just for a moment, before the aircraft officially landed, and he pulled his iron mask down, eyes glowing an eerie blue. This was it.

Tony looked over to Cap'n. "I'll take her up rogue tower and meet you guys in the fight." He told the spangled man, who nodded once, blue eyes glancing over to me for a small second. Then, Tony wrapped his arms around my waist, which was actually pretty uncomfortable, and we shot into the sky. It only took us about thirty seconds to get to the top of the tower, through what looked to be a savage hole in the glass. I didn't even want to know what happened there.

Tony set me down. "Remember what I said. You can go to the roof if you want, or even a few floors lower. But no more than the fifth floor, do you understand? Stay out of sight, and nothing stupid." His voice was gruff, maybe even a little frightening.

I nodded vigerously, feeling flustered at this all, but he bolted back out of the window before I finished. Down, into the city, where frightening creatures began to fall from the sky. I watched for a minute, from my safe haven, eyes wide as I silently spectator on the tiny people, their screams loud and horrifying. Some dying, some just screaming and running.