15

Authors Note:
HOLY SHIT i was expecting to get only like 10 reads! thank you so much for reading my story. that was definitely a shock when i opened up my app to see 80+ reads haha. ilysm and i hope you enjoy this chapter!

y/n's pov

it's been 2 weeks since that day. we've moved to a different airbnb in a different neighborhood that was much more secure, but much more expensive.

jay and i have managed to keep it a secret from everybody else, but every now and then somebody like toby would ask, why are you always staring at him?  and i'd just respond with,  because he owes me $30 for the stuff i bought for him, so i'm TRYING to give him a death glare!  to keep it casual.

i go to my first pax event today. my character in  the games we play is usually something purple, and if possible, and octopus because my username pursula sounds close enough to ursula, the villain in the little mermaid, so i guess it works.

since nobody other than the guys knows what my face looks like, i had to stop by a special effects + costume store to get one. i had a mask at home, but it was just a plastic purple octopus. it was custom made, but i think i lost it somewhere.

i looked at all the masks they had. they had aliens, monkeys, even furry masks. there was such a large selection that i couldn't choose what i wanted.

i feel a tapping on my shoulder, and turn around to see jay holding a purple octopus mask. "look at this one, it's better than your custom made one!"

 "look at this one, it's better than your custom made one!"

i stare at it.

"they'll be able to see my eyes and mouth. that's enough to recognize me." i sigh.

he takes something out of his pocket. "that's why i got these." he pulls out contacts and face paint.

i laugh. "this might be the best one yet."

we bought everything, and started heading back to our airbnb. when we arrived, i went to a bathroom and covered my face in the dark purple paint, and put on the black contacts.

my entire face was purple, and you couldn't even see the whites of my eyes. i put on a black matte lipstick to top off the look. i wear a mustard yellow cropped hoodie with black high waisted leggings with white gucci shoes.

i walked out, without the mask so they saw me basically as an emo grape.

i take a mirror picture of it and post it to instagram, captioned as see you at pax!

"show us how it looks." requests eric.

i put on the mask and give them a twirl, mocking a model.

"that looks fucking badass, now let's go already. we've been waiting on you for forever." ezra groans.

"whatever." i playfully elbow him.

we all load into 2 separate uber's, heading to pax. i was in one with jay, mason, cam, matt, and john. i sat between jay and matt in the back row. i was in the middle seat because i was the smallest. the driver gave eric and i a weird look since he was basically a noble janitor and i was a gothic grape, since i didn't have the mask to cover myself yet.

after 30 minutes, we arrive at the large building.

i step out, jay helps cover me with a blanket while i put the mask on and put my hair into a bun.

"oH My gosh oh my gosh that's swaggersouls!" i heard a voice crack and laughed a little.

even though i had the most fame among people, nobody really yelled my name. i just guessed it was because it's a new disguise and i posted about it only 1 hour ago.

i check the post.  it already had 50,000 likes and 3,060 comments. maybe it's because my fan base is mainly in america. either way, i was thankful just to be here with my friends.

we walk into the building, heading towards our panel. i see a huge crowd. once i see that one of the has turned around and saw us, they scream "PURSULA!!" and everybody turns around.

so that's where they're all at...

they saw the entire group. there were cheers for all of us. they started coming towards us as we sprinted for our life up to our booth, behind the curtains to get some peace.