It's A Family Reunion

Lisa sat in the demolished building that was once her house. That creature had stormed through her house smashing and breaking everything on its path out the back door. She had watched as Joe and Khirsten sank beneath the waves, as the troll followed after them. She watched, terrified, as the water swallowed the troll. she had waited out there for hours but no one had returned. She wandered back inside and sank to her knees amidst the rubble. Absentmindedly she gathered some splintered wood in one hand and a fallen picture in the other.

She looked at the picture. It was of her family. A photo taken long, long ago when everyone was still a family. When Lisa had been in her teens her mother and father had divorced. Her father left for Los Angeles to be with his mistress and her mother had been absent in body and spirit since that happened. It was no shock when she withered and passed away, leaving Lisa to care for Joe. He had been a smart kid though, resilient and brave. He knew what he wanted to do and he achieved it.

And more apparently. Lisa scoffed, her mind zipping to the supernatural goings on in her small town.

She didn't have so much trouble processing the giant troll she had seen so much as she did her house being in tatters. She heaved up to her feet, the picture slid from one hand while her grasp on the splinters tightened.

"It's going to be okay." she reassured herself. "Joe is strong and capable. He'll care for Khirsten at all costs and this mess..." She looked around as a sense of despair and sorrow crept in. She suddenly shook her head and steeled her body, "This house can be fixed in the morning." She sighed as she carefully wove through the debris, "Thank God for an at home government job."

Khirsten swam around Joe as they made their way, alone this time, out to the old pirate ship.

It's so romantic! She squealed as she darted ahead.

Joe couldn't help but smile. She was too cute when she was excited. He had picked up on the shock and excitement that some of the other selkies had shown towards her, especially her piercings. Apparently body modifications were extremely rare in the fae realm. He should have guess by the look of Devon and Chelsea.

But then again, He mused, trailing after Khirsten slowly, fae look pretty far out all on their own. They don't really need any help in that area. plus fairies with iron... I can see how silver jewelry would be something of a taboo for them. I mean, look what iron does. No wonder why they avoid the shiny stuff.

Of course he realized it was an umbrella term. Most of the younger generation, especially those who had been exposed to the mortal realm for any length of time, loved body modification. The found it to be one of the more magical things humans had ever done. The thought it to be something of a test of strength and will, to endure the pain and agony of getting and maintaining a piercing or tattoo. But apparently it wasn't a trend for the underwater brethren.

Of course not. Khirsten corrected as she swam beneath the crows nest, They are only allowed to return to land once every even years after human contact. How many of these guys do you think has really stepped foot on real land for more than a day at most? How exposed would they have to be, and for how long, to actually become used to this kind of thing? She pointed to her lip rings and showing tattoos.

Uh-huh. He was momentarily distracted by the skin beside the hip ink.

I know what you're looking at. Khirsten teased as she wove her way down the mast and skimmed over the molding, broken deck. Do you think there's treasure?

Psh, no. Joe reasoned, This ship has been sunk for hundreds of years in relatively shallow waters. If it hasn't been discovered yet there's probably a reason for it.