Chapter 12

Alpha Jordans pov

After i had overcome my initial shock i took off chasing after her. And Just as i reached the woods, I shifted into my wolf. Overcome by the need to find my mate.

I was angered that she took off over a misunderstanding.

but can you blame her? my wolf taunted.

He was starting to become a real pain in my butt.

Really, only now?

ow! how, I wish my beast had a permanent mute button!

fat chance, now find MY mate!

I slowed down, sniffing the air to try and get a trace of my mates delectable scent.

she is close

I tracked her deep into the woods.

she must've gotten lost.

No shit sherlock! I retorted back

I hurried my pace, the route she was taking would lead her to a secret lake, that not many people knew about. Not even my pack.

I usually went there to be alone, to get lost in my thoughts. To be free, to let myself vent if there is a need. so you could say it's my sanctuary.

Once I reached the secret clearing, my heart was clenching inside my chest at the sight before me. This pain closely resembled, the disease humans call a heart attack.

seeing her on her knees, crying her lungs out brought me great pain. I felt as though her pain was mine, this made me desperately want to protect her.

to keep her in a tower, never to hurt again.

but you are the reason she is like this! my wolf growled, completely angered.

And for once I didn't argue.

She deserves someone better, someone sweet and caring. Someone handsome and loving.

And that wasn't me, that could never be me.

I was imperfect, I was ugly and harsh. how could God have paired someone like me to someone like her...

Cause regardless of what species she is, she is perfect...

I could only taint her.

how could she ever love an ugly beast like me...

All I have are scars

scars not just on my face and some parts of my body. but also those that don't leave a mark caused by a dark past. One i'm not proud of.

My wolf whimpered, causing our mate to turn towards us.

And all hell broke loose...

Sandy's pov

I hate showing any signs of weakness but after he growled at me. I just snapped, I couldn't face anymore of his disapproval, regarding my presence in his home.

So i ran. ran right into the woods, I ducked and skipped over any and all obstacles in my path.

I ran into the middle of nowhere. only when I realised this did I slow my pace, until I came across this little haven.

From then on, my own river of tears started flowing. And i didn't have the strength to stop, not anymore. Not after all that's happened.

But before I could fully enjoy my pity party, I heard a frightening whimper. It broke my heart.