xxiv.

"I've got you. Sunshine, don't worry. I got you."

Richie's hands couldn't hold her any tighter. And as she was scared, he held onto her till her legs wrapped around him securely. Lola was lowered gently into the quarry water. She was scared, after what happened down in the sewers, she was terrified. Richie, holding onto her hips tight. Her breath shock hard. But Richie still held onto her like his life depended on it.

"Please don't let me go," Lola whispered as they laid their foreheads upon each other, Lola's legs holding tight onto Richie.

"I'm never gonna let you go again. I promise," yet her breath was still shaky,

The cast was heavy weight that Richie carried, Lola trying to hold the most. A silent tear fell from her brown eye, a tear that Richie somehow noticed.

"Hey. It's okay. I've got you. I'm not gonna let you go," it was Richie's turn to begin crying, "I'll never let you go again. I swear on my life. I promise you."

Their lips collided with such passion and need. They both needed shelter, they both needed somebody to love them for once in their lives. Richie held Lola so close as if she would sink to the bottom of the quarry. Foreheads pressed against each other once again as their chests rose and fell with the inhaling of air that was oh so needed.

"I love you Lola Duffey," her eyes widened and teared up more than before.

She had heard those words leave his mouth before, but never quite emotional like this.

"I love you too Richard Tozier."

And as they drifted in the quarry waters of Derry. Richard Tozier finally felt whole. But it kept in the back of his head. 'She wasn't there Richie...'

So he held her tighter than ever.