Chapter 2

Hiccup

"Do you Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III take Astrid Hofferson to be your lawfully wedded wife? Do you promise to stay beside her through the good time and the bad, in love and family to the halls of Valhalla and beyond?"

"I do." The two words seemed so simple, yet the meant so much when I looked at her. At Astrid as she awkwardly glanced out at all the eyes staring at her, yet also smiling so brightly at me.

"And do you Astrid Hofferson take Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III to be your lawfully wedded husband? To support him during his role as chieftain? To provide love and comfort throughout your lives together and even within the walls of Valhalla?"

"I do," she said confidently grinning at me in a way I've never seen her smile before, making me fall in love with her all over again.

"I know pronounce you husband and wife! You may now kiss!"

We pecked at each other's lips shyly, we weren't normally public about our relationship so being up here in front of Berk was very awkward for us.

"Come on! You can do better than that!" Tuffnut yelled from the audience. The rest of Berk laughed and cheered for more. We relaxed knowing that they support us. I pulled her in planting a kiss on her lips, letting the cheers of Berk fade while it was just her and me.

The memories of that day still brought a smile to my face. I glanced across at the women next to me, her gentle breath lifting her chest but otherwise she was still in her sleep.

While the softness of her sleep made me smile I could still not quieten the loud thoughts in my head.

At this point Astrid didn't look like she could have children. This was bad in many ways. The first and most important is the fact that we won't be able to raise a family. We won't be woken up early in the mornings by little children crying or laughing. Astrid and I have wanted little kids of our own for a while now, the dream for them getting dimmer and dimmer.

Another reason is the fact that Berk needs a heir for the chief. While I'm sure it wont be a big deal if we can't have kids, the role of chief has passed through the Haddock's for centuries. My great great great great great grandfather was the first chief of Berk and I would like to keep the Haddock family tree going and the tradition standing.

These thoughts circled my head as I dropped off into a gentle sleep.

Hey. What do ya think? Plz comment & vote!! 

Just some of Hiccup's thoughts... Also do you guys like the flashback? I'm thinking of adding a couple of those throughout this story.

Til next chappie.

Maddy ❤️💖