Chapter 28 - Farewell Gift

It's been a couple of weeks since you've been back. And you have spent almost all of your times at the shop, finishing up the interior and decorating. The boys came to help out often but for the most part, it was just you. You didn't really mind since you enjoy the quiet time by yourself. The baby pink walls were completed, with white accents. It gives it a chic feel. In the middle on the ceiling was a moderate size glass chandelier, a gift from Seokjin and Jisoo. By the windows, there was enough space for a little seating area, to give the place a more home feel. The soft grey rug laid underneath the two blank chairs, a small shelf with your memories of Milan on it.

The store was still empty from your clothes, but it was slowly coming together. Margaret suggests that you design some purses and shoes to add more variety. You were in the process of hanging up some small planks to put shoes and purses. It was hard to do it by yourself, the ladder was wobbly, but you had to make due.

"Y/N, get down from there before you get hurt." You turned to see Hoseok standing by the door, a bag in his hand. He had promised to bring you lunch and you were starving. You carefully got off the ladder and joined him.

"Thank you so much."

"No problem." He scanned the room, and whistled. "I can't believe you did all of this."

"Well, I couldn't have done it without all of your guy's help. But I am pretty amazing, I know."

"Shut up. Alright, I'll go set up lunch. Be right back." he said before walking into one of the back rooms. You decided to get back to working while you waited for him, there were only a few more things to do and then it'll be ready. You took a breath before climbing the ladder again. It shook a little under your weight, but you kept going up nonetheless. The screws were in place, you just needed to screw them in tighter. Your face scrunched up as you twist with all your might. A smile appeared when you finished, but it faded when you realized this was the first one, you still have about 6 more to put up.

With a sighed, you descend the ladder. But it started rattling more. A few steps before the floor, the ladder fell backward with you on it. You let out a small scream, but stopped when your back hit the wooden floor. You had managed to knock the ladder out before it could fall on you. A groan escaped your mouth as you continued to lay there. You closed your eyes to avert the pain.

"Y/N!" Someone yelled, but the pain was too great for you to focus on the voice. There were quick footsteps which you assumed were Hoseok's. Strong arms lifted you up, your head fell into their chest. "Y/N, are you okay?" his voice was quiet, but urgent.

"My ankle hurts." you answered, eyes still closed.

"Just like all those years ago." He chuckled softly. Your eyes slowly opened. Instead of Hoseok's chestnut hair, you were greeted with radiating light flown through his blonde hair.

"Namjoon?" you whispered, as if he was a dream that would disappear if you were too loud. His featured hardened when he saw that you were conscious. He didn't say anything, except helped you up to your feet and supported you to the chair. The air was quiet between the two of you. Then you saw Hosek running out, headphone on, that must have been why he didn't hear anything. His eyes widened as he saw the fallen ladder and you and Namjoon.

"What happened?" he asked, running up to you.

"I fell." you answered.

"If you had helped her, she wouldn't have twisted her ankle." Namjoon said quietly, not enough for Hoseok to hear, but you did. He took a step back as Hoseok moved closer to take a look at your ankle. You glanced up to look at Namjoon, who was scanning the room. His face showed no sign of anything, but he was nodding his head a little.

"Thank you for helping her." Hosek said, standing up to face Namjoon. The two of them were about the same height, but Hoseok had to look up a little to meet his eyes. Again, Namjoon said nothing. "What are you doing here anyways?"

"Seolhyun called your shop in Milan," he said, looking right at you. "They said you had moved back to Korea. I happened to see your address at Jimin's desk."

"I see."

"Seolhyun's got caught up with some fans down the street. She told me to go check out the place first. She should be here....oh, right now actually." He gestured to the door, where a tall figure emerged. Her hair was up in a ponytail, making her facial features more prominent.

"Sorry, I'm late." she said, even her voice was attractive. You could never compete with that. She smiled when she saw Namjoon and immediately went to hold his hand. Then she turned to look at you.

"Hi, Y/N! Oh my gosh, are you okay?" Her gaze fell on your swollen ankle, Hoseok came bag with a pack of ice. "Oh, Hoseok, you're here too." she said. You weren't surprised that they knew each other since they have modeled together once for Vogue's cover.

"Did you need something?" it was the first time you've said anything. Your voice came out weak, you hoped they would blame it on the pain instead of your feelings. Seeing them kissing far away was one thing, but seeing the two of them being intimate right in front of your face was a stab in the heart. Hoseok remained close to you, as if he sensed that you're hurting.

"We have a favor for you." You were surprised that it was Namjoon who spoke. "Seolhyun saw your designs and loved them. So I came up with the idea to have you design something for her."

"What is it?" you asked.

"Her wedding dress." The words came out so easily from his mouth, no hesitation at all. If your heart was stabbed before, now it was shot and taken out of your body to be trampled on by Namjoon himself.

"You have got to be kidding me." Hoseok said, his voice raising. You saw that he clenched his fists. "You came up with this joke?"

"Joke? I've never been more serious." Namjoon answered.

"You can't possibly make her do this."

"Why not? She has done worst, hasn't she?" he asked sarcastically, eyeing you. You gulped, the knot in your throat grew as you tried your best not to cry. Seolhyun said nothing, just giving you an apologetica smile instead. Maybe she knew, of course she would.

"You're such a jerk. I have tried to tell you so many times-"

"None of that matters now." Namjoon said quickly, interrupting what Hoseok was trying to say. "Seolhyun and I trust that you will design something fitting for her on our special day. We'll come back later to check the design. Okay?" Instead of a vocal answer, you just nodded blankly. Your body felt numb. You remained motionless as Namjoon walked out the door, Seolhyun bowing slightly to the two of you before joining her fiance outside. Hoseok said something, but you were still spacing out.

"I can't believe he would do something so despicable. I'm so sorry, Y/N. I have tried to tell him what happened. I swear I did. But he's so damn stubborn. I never imagine he would make you do this."

"He has his reason. I did hurt him, I mean the act that he thought I had done hurt him. So in some twisted way, I did hurt him. This is what I deserve."

"Y/N, that's dumb. You don't deserve any of this."

"Only fools." you said to no one in particular. "I'm doing this."

"Y/N, you can't be serious. It'll kill you." Hoseok begged, he knelt down in front of your chair. His hand was on top of yours. You smiled sadly, and shook your head.

"It's for an important day for an important person. I have to. It'll be my farewell gift to him."