Chapter 1

It's the first day of term two and it's great seeing all my friends again but the best thing is that I get to see Daniel Robinson. Wow it's going to be a long term because this morning has been dragging on forever. I'm about to go break the news to my friends that I like Daniel because they don't know that I like him.

As phoebe walked up the side of the general learning block she wondered how she was going to phrase what was about be said to her best friends. As she walked past Daniel and his best friend Sebastian Jennings she overheard Sebastian trying to guess who he liked.

"Is she the one you like, come on just tell me already." Quizzed Sebastian

Phoebe was the only girl in a ten metre radius.

"OH MY GOSH WAS HE TALKING ABOUT ME."

Phoebe was overwhelmed even though she didn't hear Daniels response she was happy she was at least an option for him.

"Hey guys come here I need to tell you something."

"Yer sure phebs, what's up." Savannah Jenkins replied.

"Well you know how I liked Simon Turner, well I don't like him anymore."

"Really who do you like because you really liked him last term, what happened?" Asked Jazmine Couper.

"Well I like Daniel."

"Daniel Williams!"

"No Daniel Robinson and as I was walking past Sebastian and him, Sebastian asked if he liked me but I didn't hear his answer."

"Well who knows he could have said yes." Said Savannah.

Suddenly the bell went and everyone screams "good morning Vietnam, hey."

It's great hearing Robin Williams every morning, he is such a great comedian. We all grabbed our bags and headed to P.C.

After six hours of one of the longest days I've ever had the bell finally went for the end of school and everyone piled out the classrooms and the noise level escalated. People walked everywhere and it was so hard to find my friends, all I wanted to do was talk to them. As I was walking to my locker to put my books away someone called out to me but it wasn't one of the usual voices that would call out to me in the afternoon. As I turned around I noticed someone that I haven't seen in almost a month, it was my uncle. I was so thrilled to see him.

"Hey, Steve what are you doing here."

"Well I've come to pick you up, something has happened we need to talk."

"Just let me lock up my locker then we can go."

As Steve lead Phoebe to the car silently phoebe got more and more worried. As they got in the car and started driving Phoebe started asking questions.

"OK, Steve what is going on, is it really serious?"

"There has been a death."

"WHO!"

"Grandpa."

"Are you serious, this can't be happening."

As they drove home you could hear nothing but the radio.

"Are you OK Phebs?" Asked Steve.

"Not really I mean this is a massive shock"

"I know that's why I've picked you up because no one else could come to pick you up they are all either in so much shock they can't do anything or they physically can't pick you up."

"I had a bad feeling about today and I didn't know why but now I fully understand.

"Look how about I take you to Macdonalds and buy you a ice cream."

"Yes please."

After they had their ice creams Steve took Phoebe home where she found her mum in tears.

"Hey mum I'm home and I know what's happened, if you don't feel like talking that's fine with me"

After no response Phoebe decided to distract herself with homework.

"Mum I'll be in my room if you need me."

Phoebe took the next couple of days of to help with the housework and to try and cope with what had just happened but every night she went on snapchat to talk to everyone and get homework so she wasn't behind. The main perks of the next week was when Daniel would talk to her since he had been talking to her a lot since last Tuesday. He seemed to be more caring then she thought. After a long week she had to go to school for the next three days before the funeral and try to get back to her normal life.