night 1 | Jimin

Work was fun. If you call lining up books in a fashionable manner to attract customers fun that is.

Although the pay was fine, I never really liked the job. The smell of paper and the cold air in the bookstore made me nauseous. The ringing of the bell whenever someone comes in is disturbing. But most of all, the quietness of the place was killing me.

All I need to do everyday was sit in the counter. Cash in some books. Arrange the shelves. Design the store. Nothing much really. Someone might say that I am too arrogant to not like a job that basically is free time but its the truth. I dont like it. I hate it.

Sometimes I wonder if I chose to not drop out in engineering I might be somewhere in the world. Shaking hands of famous people. Smiling bright against the cameras. Smelling wine and expensive things. Thats the only thing I can do anyways. Wonder.

I stepped out my mini balcony and sat on my favorite chair. The night breeze was cooling and soothing. The stars above me was a bit clouded but I loved how they tried to reach me despite the obstacle. This  condominium I bought a few years back costed a lot but it was worth it. It rested fifty floors above the city overlooking seoul in the most beautiful way possible. The busy streets were lit nicely in the evening. The trees were nicely shading the streets in the morning. But my most favorite view of all is when the blonde head guy across my condo comes out to stare at the skies..

He moved five months ago. Back then his hair was black and not blonde. I was surprised to see the space across mine rented since top floors are usually empty. People didnt want to wait long to come home. The ones living in the top floor, from what I observed, were people who dont come home very often. So far there are only five tenants who lived here; six if the blonde head was counted. Three of which only comes home monthly and one yearly. At first I was annoyed since I dont really want someone to invade my floor but then he is usually just quiet and I have never talked to him. I wanted to say hi but then i'm a wimp so no thanks.

Right now, he rests his hand up his chin and his elbows were propped to the railings. He sat on a chair beside a small table. On the table is a mug and a plant. I hurriedly opened my sketchbook and drew him. So far this has been my fifth portrait of him from the last months he moved. There was once when he placed a small bed and slept there. I hope he sprayed some anti mosquito repellant or at least a lotion.

Distant car honks are heard down but I was lost on his face. I thought this was just be going to be another day wherein I draw him and then I sleep but no.

He turned his face to me and waved hello.