Chapter 7

I was so angry at him for teasing me, only to stop and get ready for this show. I knew he did this shit on purpose and it only added to the mounting tension between us. Shaking my head in frustration, I kept my mouth shut as I took a change of clothes out of my bag and walked into the bathroom, slamming the door behind me.
When I retreated, he was still standing there, in the same place and leaning against the wall with his arms folded. He looked angry as he spoke to me. "What's your problem now?"

I didn't even try and hide the annoyance in my voice as I responded to him. "My problem? I got ready didn't I?" I knew my words sounded bitchy, but I was so pissed and stared down at my phone, pretending to be so uninterested in what he had to say.

He stalked over to stand closer to me.
"Don't make me ask you again." He looked even more angry as he continued to speak. "You know that I have a show tonight and I don't have time for your attitude right now."

I put my phone away, but he just wasn't getting it. He pissed me off so bad and I wanted a fight. There was something so hot about having a big fight and the hot make up sex that always followed. Unfortunately, I knew that I was wasting my time. "I'm just done with you right now. Can we please go?" I knew it was wrong to act like this toward him, to keep the situation on edge for my own personal fun, but I needed it.

"This conversation is to be continued after the show." He turned and grabbed his things before we went down to the lobby. We all got into the car together and I wondered if everyone around us could feel the tension between us. I purposely sat with my arms folded and refused to have any eye contact with him during the drive. Feeling his stare, I deliberately looked the other way and struggled to keep my mouth shut.

We arrived at the venue and he got out of the car behind me, but stomped off ahead of me. All of his people were scrambling to keep up with him except me.
Shannon walked beside me and let out a laugh. "You really pissed him off? Somebody's getting a spanking later.." He joked.

"Funny you should say that." I rolled my eyes at the irony of his words and realized that they all knew we had some kind of big fight.

He raised his eyebrow, "Shit! What happened? It's okay, you don't have to tell me. He'll get over it, but you know that you can always come stay in my room if you need a break."

"Thanks Shannon." He put his arm around me and I was thankful that at least one of them had some compassion. I sat down on the couch and started playing a game on my phone while Jared was busy. An hour later, we gathered for the meet and greet. I sat in a chair all the way to the back, watching as the band answered questions and chatted with the crowd.
He was extra flirty with all of the females, this was purposely for my benefit. He even let one girl kiss him during the photos. I listened to him compliment them and tried to act like it didn't affect me at all, meanwhile my insides were twisting.

When it was over, Jared walked over and took my hand. "Come with me."

I followed him to a room where he closed and locked the door. He didn't look as angry as before and spoke calmly. "Clearly you are pissed off at me. I don't have time for this tonight! So, you want to tell me what the problem is?"

"It's just been a long day. We can talk about this later." I knew he had to work and didn't want to hold him up because I was mad. I was being bratty and spoiled and I knew it.

He slid his arm around my waist and pulled me closer, "I'm sorry that I made you mad and I really don't want to fight with you. You're being mad at me does bother me because I have feelings for you." He pushed the hair from my face behind my ear. This was the first time he came close to saying it, those words I longed to hear.

There was no way I'd stay mad at him long, never could. I put my arms around his neck and gave him a gentle kiss. "I love you, Jared." I knew he wouldn't say it back, hell, maybe he would never say it to me at all, but I didn't care. It didn't change my feelings for him.

—————Present day—————-

Lying across the bed having all of these thoughts of how we got together had me missing him. I was only there for a short time and then it was back home to be alone again. Hearing the door, I turned to see him walking in. He smiled as he looked at me. "You feeling any better?" He took his sunglasses and jacket off as he sat next to me on the bed. He was coughing a little as he looked down at me. "I hope I'm not getting sick."

"I'm a little better. I have a bad headache, but don't feel like I'm going to puke anymore, so, that's a plus."

We stayed in the rest of the day and night. The next morning I was feeling much better. Looking around and realizing he was once again at the gym, I got up and took a shower. The door slamming shut while I was busy brushing my teeth, startled me. I could hear the sneezing and coughing from the bathroom and peeked around the door to see him sitting on the bed, looking down at his phone.

"Feeling better?" He asked and even though he was looking down at his phone, he knew I was watching him.

"Yes, I am." I walked out of the bathroom and picked up my phone to see that I had a text from him. It was a picture of him at the gym and I turned around, narrowing my eyes at him. "You can't send me this and expect me to be productive today, babe!"