1: The Unknown

Chapter 1 - The Unknown

"Who are you staring at, Al?" Alice hears someone ask from behind her. She turns around to see Jet-Black haired, FP Jones.

She tries to hide her blushed cheeks with her hands. "Ooh! Who does Alice Smith like!" FP exclaims as he fakes a surprised look on his face.

Alice rolls her eyes at FP's sarcastic smirk. With her arms folded on the lunch table, closes her history look( that she was using as a cover) and keeps blushing. "Nobody, Jones." Again the jock doesn't believe her. His smirk widened and he banged his hands on the table like a drum.

"Sure..." He remarked dull-toned as he rolled his eyes at. "Alice Smith just always stares at people like that." He muttered sarcastically as he watches her blush up.

Alice shakes her head and then sighs. "That's him." She pointed over to third lunch table to the left.

Fp looked over at where she was pointing and his jaw drops in shock." Andrews? What no way? You like him!" She nods her head as her cheeks burned pink.

"Yes, I do."

Fp still looks shocked at her." He's our best friend. You can't like him. That's against the best friend rules. The three of us have to stay friends." He made a list of the reasons why, while Alice rolls her eyes.

She groans," Geez, Jones, We won't break up. We'll stay best friends. I promise." She stated as she held out her pinkie for him to finish the swear.

Another groan escaped Fp's throat as he reluctantly agrees with his pinkie. Alice smiles at her best friend and he sticks out his tongue at her. "You owe me, Smith." He mutters through bites of his chicken patty sandwich.

Alice rolled her eyes as she dives into her hot lunch. She didn't like school food but it was the only food she could afford. Life in a trailer park isn't glamorous and she had to sacrifice a lot.

"Whatever Jones." She smirked at his irritated face.

Here's the backstory on her life. She met Forsythe Pendleton Jones 2nd when his parents moved into the trailer park when they were eight. Her and FP clicked like no tomorrow. Alice and Him enjoyed to cause trouble and do things that they weren't supposed to. And Her and Fred met in first grade. They also clicked and hung out all the time.

When Alice turned ten-years-old, Fred turned into much more than her best friend in her eyes. She didn't know if he felt the same way. She's been in love with Fred Andrews since she was Ten. Which was a very long time. And she was afraid he wouldn't feel the same way. She didn't want to lose her best friend. And it wasn't some silly crush. No she loved him so much. To the point she couldn't breathe without him. She's scared she's going to mess that up. That he won't want to be her best friend anymore. But she can't help how she feels.
———

During her last period, Alice couldn't stop shaking, her stomach rolled inside and her heart pounded as she walked up to Fred. She was going to tell him after all these years that she's in love with him. She feels like she's sweating like a pig and almost wants to throw up.

She taps on Fred's shoulder with her finger. He spins around to face and smile crosses his face. Fred Andrews' smile made Alice's stomach do funny things. "Hey, Allie. Wanna seat next to me?" Fred asks as he pats down on the seat next to him.

She nods her head and pulls the chair back and sits down. She starts fidgeting with her ring in her finger and slowly looks up at him. He was smiling at her. "Freddie, I have something I've been meaning to tell you for so long. I hope this doesn't freak you out." She stammers on and Fred grabs her trembling hands into his.

Just his hands on hers made her stomach flip again. She was so nervous. She couldn't wait for this feeling to be over. "What is it, Al?" His voice sounds afraid and she starts tearing up.

She squeezes his hand and slowly opens her mouth. I have.... loved you since I was ten, Fred. I'm just scared that you will leave me. And I can't de—" She was cut off by a pair of soft lips brushing against hers.

Without thinking about it, She hooks her arms around his neck and deepens the kiss. Her lips feel his hungry lips attacking with all the might. It was soft and sweet. She feels his hands in her hair. She can't believe she's kissing Fred. He had been her best friend for years. She's kissing her best friend she's been in love with since she was ten years old! It still blows her mind.

Once they break for air. Fred looks at her and just chuckles nervously. "I've loved you too, Al. I just didn't know how to tell you. And, I thought you would never feel the same way. That's why I started dating Hermione. I was protecting my heart from getting hurt. When, I was really just hurting myself and you more." He confesses he wipes away her tears.

She brings him in for another kiss, this time longer and then the snuck out of their last period a few minutes early. It wasn't like they cared anyway.
——-
When the news broke across their small town and school, Fred openingly didn't care and neither did Alice. They were too busy enjoying each other's company too care. The only person who wasn't happy about the news was FP Jones.

He couldn't believe that Alice loved Fred and Fred loved Alice. He knows that he should be happy for his two best friends. But he can't. His heart wasn't into it. It wasn't like they weren't perfect for eachother. No cause they were. It was another secret that Fp never told his two best friends.

While Alice was in love with Fred since she was ten. FP had been in love with her since he was eight. People could say you don't know how love feels at that young of an age. Yeah maybe they were right. Not to Fp. He's known for years. He's in love with his best friend and lost her to his best friend.
——-

Fred proposes two years after they got together. And that day might had been their best day in their life's. Not for FP. He was heartbroken. He had to pretend everything was okay and he wasn't in love with his best friend's fiancé

The engagement was short-lived. Alice and Fred got married on October, 25th, 1996. That was the hardest day of Fp's life. Saying goodbye forever to his dream. The dream he'll never get to live. Be the one she kisses in the morning, and goes to bed at night to. He hates that. And wishes that was him walking back from the isle with her.

Alice had Polly three months after they wedded. And then a year later, She had Betty. Her and Fred loved their children more than anything. Fp eventually married. He married Gladys and had two children of his own. Jughead and Jellybean.

Unfortunately, he developed a drinking problem and his wife left him, taking his daughter, Jellybean with her and his son chose to live at the old drive in. He couldn't take seeing Alice and Fred so happy. He stopped talking to them and eventually completely cut them out of his life. He was working for Fred until Fred fired him. That was his last time. His son eventually comes back to him and he got his shit together. Jason Blossom was a turning point in his life. He was arrested and jailed for a crime he didn't commit. With the help of his son. He figured out how to clean himself and made bail after Clifford Blossom was arrested. He was convicted for his son's death and had been spending months there.

His son got into a relationship with Betty Andrews; which focused Fp to talk to them again. Even though how insufferable it was for him; he did it for his son.
———
2018

It's the year 2018, Alice sees an old friend from high school. She was upset when he stopped coming around as much and then she was also angry about what he did with his son. His son didn't deserve that. She's more hurt that he went back on his promise.

She can still hear the words he said to her and still didn't understand what he meant by it. " He's our best friend. You can't like him. That's against the best friend rules. The three of us have to stay friends." At that time she was very happy and then he broke that promise.

The night she sees him was hard on her." Fp Jones long time no see." Her voice was covered in sarcasm. She's still very angry with him.

Fp looks shocked to see her. He tried so hard not to see her. But it's a small town. They were known for having to run into people easily. Even if they didn't want to.

"Alice Andrews." That didn't feel right coming off his tongue. Even after Twenty years, it still didn't feel right. And he knows why. It should've been Alice Susanna Jones. But he knows that was forever gone.