14: New Beginnings

Chapter 14: New Beginnings

It was a week later when FP asked Alice on an official date. He took her to a nice restaurant outside of Riverdale. Alice exited her car and went into the nice restaurant. She spotted him on the end of the room and smiled as he pulled out her chair.

"Thank you." She said as he pushes the chair forward and she grabs the menu. She scans the items to see which one sounds the tastiest. "I never thought this day would come, FP. Over the years I just didn't know this would happen. I mean I'm glad it happened, but it seems all backwards."

He knew she was right. He had the same feeling. Their kids seemed fine with all the new adjustments and which was surprising.

"Yeah, I never thought it would happen either. But I'm so happy it did." He paused as he swallowed his nerves away and cleared out his throat," Uh, how's Fred taking this?"

The last thing he wanted was to hurt Fred. He never wanted that. He always tried to keep his feelings for Alice out of the way for his sake. But honestly it ended up just hurting them all on the process.

Alice sighed sadly," He, Uh... moved out his stuff and got himself a place to stay. The kids are going to visit him today... so I guess."

They ordered their meals and began discussing old stories that seemed so far away now. Time had gone by since then.

"Remember that musical we did. Bye-Bye Birdy. I always thought I didn't deserve the part." Alice stared at with shock in her eyes.

"What?! No way! You deserved it. I always thought you did very great in that musical. And I still can't believe that our kids are doing Carrie. That's only a month away. Who would've thought Waldo Weatherbee be okay with such an age-rated musical."

"Are you in it, Smith?" He joked but stopped when he saw her eyes. "What? No way, Alice! Who are you playing?"

"Carrie's mother." She replied as she couldn't stop smiling. It was just like when she was in high school. She missed the musical theater.

"Congratulations, Al!" He whistled, causing the room to stare at them. Alice slowly shrunk into her chair backrest." FP... don't."

FP smirked," What are you embarrassed?" He was now teasing her and her face turned bright red. "Because you whistled obnoxiously in a quiet and romantic restaurant."

"Live a little, Alice. It's okay to mess around, you know."

The waitress brought over their meal and gently put them down on the table. Alice blew gently on her streak after she cut it into pieces. FP had ordered the salmon with a brown sugar sauce and steamed carrots. About twenty minutes later, they were all done with their food and got dessert.

"Peach Cobbler? Mmmh wanna share?" Alice's lower lip pressed against her upper lip and she nodded. Oh, god he was hot. She couldn't focus and doesn't have sex on the first date.

"Sure." She said as she scooped some into her mouth and felt her his eyes on her the whole time. Her heart sped up in her chest.

"This is way better than mine." He shook his head," No? You don't think so?"

"No. Yours is more fluffy and I can taste the peaches when I eat the first bite." He admitted as her cheeks heated up.

-xxxx—xxxxxxxxxxxxx

It was a month later and tonight was the big showcase and FP had just walked in the door. He was nervous because it was the first he wrote a letter for her. He was going to give it to her when he saw. His son was gathering his video camera, JB groaned dramatically.