12: Longing Affair

Chapter 12: Longing Affair

A few weeks after the game night, the Christmas cheer had fell upon the town. Again FP didn't have the money for a prior Christmas. Jellybean; who goes by JB, moved in with her father months after her brother had gotten shot.

"Dad!" Alice and Fred had heard coming from the top of the narrowing staircase.

Alice had a string of popcorn tinsel in her left hand, nearing the branch. Fred sighed at the dramatic call for him.

"Yes, Betty?"

"Polly had the twins!" Fred's lips fell into a shock-filled smile.

Alice dropped the tinsel." What? She had the babies! Are they healthy?" Her daughter nodded her head.

"Yes, Polly named them Jennifer and Freddie - after Dad." Fred's smile never left his face.

"What are we waiting for?" Alice shouted," Get your brother, Betty and meet us in the car!" Fred saw his twin daughter nod with a smile.

Alice leaned against him." We are officially grandparents, Al." He said as he kissed her forehead gently.

Fred caught a smile in her eyes as she looked into his." Freddie. Just like you, Fred." Tears start appear in his eyes.

"I'm a grandpa." He sniffles softly.

——xx—
A winter storm caused a blackout during Christmas night. FP and his kids decided to order Pop's. To his shock, Pop's was the only place open during a winter storm. The snow was coming down hard on the roof as FP drove them.

"Dad, I want to play Minecraft." Jellybean complained with annoyance in her tone.

She was deeply annoyed at the fact the trailer had no power. Of all the trees to be knocked down it had to be the power line in the Sunny-side Trailer Park.

FP rubbed at his temples, feeling the urge for his headache to worsen. "JB, I'm sorry that a tree knocked out the power. I know you were looking forward to playing your new video game you just got for Christmas." She still frowned with her arms crossed.

After they arrived and had gotten their drinks, Pop Tate came up to their booth. He had noticed the sad-puppy-dog look on the preteen's face. He gave FP the WiFi password and Jellybean squealed.

A Month later, Alice had finally relaxed knowing the Black Hood was dead. It scared her the fact that dreadful Christmas Eve night, Her and Fred had gotten the spine-chilling phone call. The Black hood was in fact Joseph Svenson.

Archie and Betty were both held at gun-point. Tom Keller shot him down and now that he was gone. She could finally rest.

Betty still had nightmares.

Archie still felt the need to sleep with a baseball bat right next to him at night.

As for FP Jones, He still hadn't slept the best. It didn't help that the Riverdale register was beating down on their backs. Ever since last Friday. All due to one Jingle jangle overdose.

Which in fact, the Southside Serpents don't deal or sell Jingle Jangle. That was all handle by the Ghoulies. Jughead had stirred up some mess with them lately. It caused some old gang rivalry to brew.

"Jughead!" He shouted.

Jughead came racing into the room." What did I do? All I did was save Emma, Fang's sister."

"By starting a turf war with Penny Peabody!" He couldn't believe that Jughead made dealings for Penny.

"I didn't know Penny had the dealings. I'm so sorry, Dad. I really messed up this time."