15: Verdict Of Judgmental

Chapter 15: Verdict Of Judgmental

"Dad!" Betty leapt into her dad's arms," I can't find Jughead. I've looked everywhere."

That was two hours ago when Betty told him that Jughead wasn't with them. "What do you mean that you can't find Jughead. I thought he went looking for you." His daughter shook her head at him and he felt his heart jolt.

"I saw him come towards me but then someone turned off the lights and Archie grabbed Veronica and my hand and we were forced outside. That's the last time I saw him."

This didn't make any sense. How was he supposed to tell FP his son was missing? He knew things had been rocky between. He had to admit that FP's love for his wife threw him. Now that he thought back, he remembered how FP would always have these eyes that just lit up when Alice was around. He always thought FP Jones was just having a crush. Over the years, he had thought FP had gotten passed those, but apparently it was more than a crush.

Tom Keller took them into the interrogation room, hoping to get some news from the students about what happened backstage. With a pen in hand, Tom wrote down each suspects details from that timing. It was very critical that he got the details down to a point. Each of his questions only made the father in him worry for FP. If it was Kevin, he wouldn't known what to do. Well of course he would, but it wouldn't change the heartbreak.

"Miss McCoy, where were you and Kevin before the show started?" Josie McCoy looks down at her nail beds and sighs dreadfully.

"Sheriff, you can call me, Josie. You are dating my mom."

Tom nodded before continuing." Alright, Josie, I know you and my son have grown very fond of one another. This is my job, so I need you to completely honest and truthful with me."

By the end of the confession left Tom Keller floored with the reeling information. As the night grew longer, he gathered enough evidence to conduct a search party with a motive. The Black Hood has something with the Jones boy. Josie told him that Jones went to tell about suspicious calls.

"The Black Hood had been leaving threats for Mr. Jones, am I correct?" She nodded.

"It started off like normal, but each got more personal like stuff he'd only know. The last call or text was about four hours before the show started. It entailed that Jughead needed to expose someone he trusts or they die." Tom handed her a tissue. "Thank you." She croaks out. He could hear the truth in her voice.

"Who?"

"His sister."

"Jellybean Jones? What could she have done?"

Josie wiped her eyes before explaining what Jughead had to expose. Apparently the youngest Jones has some truths about what happened at Pop's - the day of the shoot-down. It didn't take long for Sheriff Keller to piece it together.

"You knew about the shoot down -when and how it was going to go down? Is that right?" JB shook her head frantically.

"No! No! That's not how it happened!"

"Then tell me how it happened." Tom pressed further, holding a harsh tone and no move to waver.