17: Life's Unfair

Chapter 17: Life's Unfair

FP awoke that night with chills. He didn't know what do now. He slowly crawled out of the sheets and went downstairs. He glanced at the clock that read 1:33 A.M in the morning. Jellybean was in bed still, Alice was still asleep and FP couldn't sleep. His mind was all about his missing son. He knew the Black Hood had his son. He just had a feeling. Tom still didn't have anything. The Midge Klump's funeral was at nine today and FP couldn't imagine how her family must be feeling. He knew the statistics on finding missing children. It wasn't great, but FP had faith.

"Dad?" A voice called out in the dark.

FP flicked on the light switch by the island and the room lit up, revealing sleepy JB. He took a second to move away and over to his little girl. She looked like her heart was shattered and it broke his heart.

"JB? What are you doing up?" He questions as his eyes hovered with worry.

JB shrugs." Couldn't sleep." She muttered. "I had a dream that Jughead died!" She cried as her dad pulled into a strong embrace.

He rubbed her back and calming shushed her sobs." JB, hey, listen to me. It was just a dream. We will find him, okay, sweetheart?"

She nodded weakly." Okay..." He could hear them uncertainties in her voice. JB looked at him with something like guilt in her eyes. "Dad, I have to tell you something."

"What is it?" FP asked his daughter as they sit down at the kitchen table. He could see tears forming in her eyes. "Hey, JB... you can tell me anything. I won't be mad."

JB exhaled before telling her dad everything. During the whole time, FP stayed quite and let her explain what happened before she moved back to Riverdale. FP was quite taken aback by what she told him. His daughter had been threatened and it was before the shooting happened. His mind was swarming with anger, but not with his daughter. No. The anger was about the whole situation. She told him how Jughead fought with her before he went missing. Apparently he received a letter telling him that JB knew something.

"Dad? Please say something...." His little girl was pleading with him. "Dad..." FP stood you from the table and started to pace.

With his hands in his hair he sighed," JB... you should've told me before. I'm not mad at you, Jelly. But I'm not exactly happy with you right now. You kept something that is key to why your brother is missing." He paused for a second seeing that she was about to fall apart." Thank you for telling me. I need to tell Keller--" He was cut off by a sob.

"I already did, Dad. I'm so sorry!" She cried again and FP couldn't be mad. He pulled her into his arms and kissed her hair.

"Jelly... we will find him. I love you so much baby girl."

Jellybean wiped her eyes and whispered," I love you too, Daddy."

-xxx—xxxx

"As you wish, Sire." The mask figure replied and then slowly removed the mask.

Jughead watched critically as the mask fell off their face. As soon as the mask fell to the ground his eyes widened with the new shock. He couldn't believe who it was and yet he couldn't tear his eyes away.

"I told you that you'd regret it." The voice mocked him. He tried to ignore the pain forming in his chest.

"Why?" It was the only thing he couldn't to get off his chest. He had so much furry in his heart from the reveal. He never thought in a million years that she would do this to him. He guessed he was wrong. Apparently she had her own views on life then he ever saw for himself. "Why? Would you do this?" He said, trying to keep his eyes dry. The betrayal was a lot worse than he imagined.