6: Violent Streak

Chapter 6: Violent Streak

He swept the room with worry, his heart raced in his chest, even the echo made his world stop. He looked at the doctor and nearly broke down before the doctor opened his mouth.

"Mr. Jones, I'm Dr. Masters, your son's doctor, he is very strong. He'll pull through and I can't promise you. But me and my team will try our best to keep your son alive." Dr. Masters explained, FP's eyes blinked tears of relief.

"Oh god! Thank you!"

Another doctor approached them," Mrs. Andrews?"

Alice stood up, her feet shook in violet streaks as she waited. "Yes?"

"Your husband had suffered some complications...."

She croaked," What complications?"
—xx—

A wave crashed over her ears as the doctor listed off her husband injuries. The whole world became her oblivion. She sat in his room with a chair beside his hospital bed. He looked pale as almost like a ghost took over his body.

"Baby, it's me, Alice. I need you to wake up for me, Betty and Arch. I called Polly... baby she's going home. Polly bear's coming home, Freddie." She sighed when she didn't see him respond.

Her mind flashback to the painful call," Polly Bear, your Dad has been shot..."

Polly gasped," What?! Daddy's been shot! What do you mean? He was fine when he called me during their breakfast at Pop's."

Alice nearly breaks down at the sound of shuffling on the other line," Baby, Someone pulled out a gun and your father and Jughead were shot."

"Is— wait Betty's boyfriend? What was he doing there? Is he okay?"

Alice swallows again," Polly... he's in surgery. His doctor believes he'll recover but they still don't know when he'll wake up. That's up to him. So—"

"He's in a coma, isn't he mom?"

"Yes Baby He is, and so is your dad, Polly bear. I'm so sorry. I should've gotten up, maybe they wo—"

"Don't say that, don't ever say that, Mom! You can't control stuff like that. Even as much as you want to, you can't. I booked a flight me and the twins are on our to the airport as we speak, Mom."

Alice started tearing up," Okay Pollybear have a safe flight."

Her husband didn't move or even blink. The only thing she could hear was the buzzing and steady beeping from the heart rate monitor in the background.

"Please Freddie, I need you so much!" She cried helplessly into her husband's unresponsive chest.

—-xx—

Betty, Archie, Veronica and Kevin all stayed put in their chairs. FP had gone to talk to the insurance company and returned with a glum look. Who wouldn't when their loved one was in a coma.

FP called Gladys and Jellybean picked up. He didn't want to freak his daughter out. Jellybean sounded so pissed at him. He couldn't blame her.

"He's been what?! You did this didn't you?!" Her harsh claim broke him but he didn't let it impact him.

"No, I didn't, Jellybean! I wasn't even there. He was out for breakfast with the Andrews. Him and Fred Andrews are both in a coma, J—"

A growl snaked through the receiver," It's JB! You would know that if you gave a shit about my life!"

That stung but he didn't want to admit it. He just let her dig at him and released a tensed up breath. "I'm sorry Jell— JB. Can you hand the phone over to your mom?"

JB snorted," If she would stop fucking her asshole boyfriend! Yeah I'll try!"

He heard grumbling and yelling and then more yelling. He felt a pit in his stomach. Was JB getting hurt? " How many times do we tell you to leave us alone?!"

JB's voice screams back," I thought you liked to your son has been shot and is in a coma you bitch!"

He heard glass breaking and then cries for help." Dad help—"

"JB! Hello?!" He didn't hear anything and feels like throwing up. "DAD! I ran away! I'll be in Riverdale in five hours!" The line went dead and FP stood up and began pacing.

Five hours later....

Jellybean raced into the hospital, bloodshot eyes trying to capture the right waiting room. When she stopped her father. She instantly forgot all the anger and hugged him tightly.

"Mom hates me and it's whatever." Jellybean shook her head." Anyways, what's wrong will Juggie?"