11: Magic In Fun

Chapter 11: Magic In Fun

"You're dating who now?" His son repeated what he just had told him.

Tonight was the Thanksgiving dinner his son had told him about since last week. Him and Hermione decided they would go. So few hours before the dinner. He decided to answer his son's question.

FP rolled his eyes as his son looked at him." Jug, yes, I'm dating Veronica's mother. So, what's the big deal?"

Jughead scoffs." What's the big deal?!" He exclaimed." The big deal is that you're dating Ms. Gomez. Is the papers dry yet? No, it hasn't been."

"Jughead, I'm happy! Shouldn't that matter?" In truth he wasn't happy. It was a gimmick to win over Alice and Fred.

His son's hands were pressed against the counter top." You're happy?" He asks quietly. He then looks up at him." You're truly happy? Because, I've seen this all before. If you're not happy, why play with your feelings, Dad. So, are you truly happy?"

His son's question hits him deeply. Could his son see behind all the warning labels? He truly wants to believe he's happy. The sex with Hermione was amazing. But something was always missing. Alice. That's what was missing.

He turned to his son with a smile and said," Yes, I am, Jug." He knows he lied to his son, and himself again.

But this was the cost to be in a fake relationship. You just have to deal with the consequences.

Jughead sighed." Alright, fine. Since you are happy. I guess I can be too."

"Thanks, Jug." He says as he looks at the time." Oh, shit. I have to get ready."

He was about to turn when he heard his son call him again. He turned around and looks at his son." Yes?"

"Dad, I hope she's the one you've been looking for." And with that soothing statement that soon to be haunting his son went into the next room.

"Me too, Jug." He whispers softly to himself as his heart rate rises. "Me too..."

——xxx—

A few hours later, Everything was ready to be served on plates. Alice threw off her apron when the doorbell rang. She gave Fred a quick peck to his cheek before going off to answer the door.

Fred always had a feeling about his wife. She would get super into making food when she was nervous. It was the first time since he got shot that they were celebrating with a dinner.

He knew that his near-death experience scarred her. It did the same to him. But he knew that it affects her more than him. Every time he leaves the house, without telling her. He finds her crying on the couch and launching into his arms when the door opens. He hates the fact he's hurting so badly.

He also knows that there's something she isn't telling him and it wasn't about him scaring her. No, it was much more than that. But he'd would have to wait to find that out.

At the door, Alice nervously grabs onto the knob with her hands and turns it. She smiled as her eyes laid upon Veronica and Jughead.

"Archie, Veronica is here!" She shouted up the staircase.

Seconds later, Archie comes racing downstairs with a cheeky smile etched into his face. "Veronica." He softly whispers as he leans into kiss her.

Veronica hums into their kiss until a cleared throat interrupted their moment. Alice stood there with her hands on her hips and a frown on her face. Veronica notices this." Archiekins, why don't we help set the table." Alice heard her son grumbling as he left the doorway and went to the dinning room.