The Miracle

Dear Diary,

As soon as I got home from school I called my mom to see if she could bring me to the hospital to see Cody. She told me to get my homework done and then she will come and bring me.

I pulled out my homework and omg I have so much to do. I have Algebra, English, Spanish, and Earth Science.

Earth Science was especially hard for me because the teacher didn't quite teach us, she kinda just gave us the answers and expected us to get high grades...Ya see what I mean.

Then I am just terrible at English and I have been since at least fourth grade. That was my first year at AIS (basically just extra help in a class). And I also had that in fifth, seventh and eighth grade... now that I don't have that I'm failing with a fifty and it's barely into the school year.

After about an hour and a half of attempt at my homework I told my mom I did what I could. She told me she could help me later after the hospital.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Now we are at the hospital and I am sitting, waiting to be told I can go in Cody's room. Today I brought a few pictures of him and I. Maybe it will help him remember...gosh I hope so.

I just got told I can go in and as soon as I walked in Cody looked either confused or angry, it was hard to tell. When I sat down Cody tried guessing my name. Hearing him really try made my cry that he couldn't remember. He guessed Ariel, Maddie, Vicky, and Clair...why would he guess Clair? HOLD UP! DID CLAIR COME HERE!?...lemme text Vee.

Me : does anyone know Cody is in the hospital but me, you, my mom and Cody's parents?

(3 minutes later)

Vee : no why?
Me : Cody tried guesing my name and guessed Clair... I just thought maybe she maybe found out and stopped by
Vee : I mean not anyone that I know of know...
Me : hmm
Vee : huummm
Me : ok well Ima go talk to Cody while I can
Vee : okie have fun!

Cody then gave up and asked what my name was so I told him. He said something like "OH COME ON I KNEW THAT!...why couldn't I remember such a pretty ladies name?"

I smiled and blushed. And he wrapped a strand of my hair behind my ear and leaned in. I closed my eyes and we kissed. As soon as our lips parted he gasped.

I looked at him and asked what's wrong... he looked super confused and said "Ellie?...where are we??"

I remember this clearly...

I said, " what do you mean? We are at the hospital..."

"What!? Why??" He asked, "who got hurt?"

I told him he did... he looked down at his gown.

"What did I do?"

I was crying... I could barely speak.

"Wait...Cody"

"Yeah?"

"Where was our date?"

"What? Why? Thats not important right now...what did I do to be here?" He seemed super confused.

"Cody...please answer the question" I demanded him.

"By the crystal waterfall.."

"OMG YOU'RE BACK!!! I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!!!" I said.

I hugged him so tight he said... "El-I can't breeaaathhheee"

"Oh, right..sorry"

I just lightly held my arms around his back and cried on his shoulder for awhile.

"Oh my gosh! We have to tell the doctors!" I said.

"I'm so confused...what happened?"

"Ok so you fell off your dirtbike coming to my house and had a bad concussion and lost your memory..."

"And I got it back how?"

"When we kissed...it all came back"

"No way!!"