Chapter 34

C H A P T E R  3 4

I went to the office to call an emergency Board Meeting that day.

The agenda?

Crash every piece of the Salvatorre.

I hired a whole 12 people as a team of investigators. Those most expensive and the most well-known in the country.

I need them to find evidence that Jaime took my child's life and how. I need to know if what he said was true and if Aliyah was really ever pregnant.

I won't call the police just yet...

I won't...

I want to do that when I already have all the evidence against him. Kapag lunod na sya at wala nang pupuntahan.

With the number of people I have hired, in 2 days I am expecting a leak.

I don't even know kung babae o lalaki ang anak ko. Muli akong nanlumo sa naisip ko.

God... I sat down helplessly at the couch with Aliyah on my mind.

I just darn hate myself.

I am so useless!

STUPID BRAIN TUMOR!!!

Hindi ko na napigilang maiyak.

I went back home with bruised fist dahil sa pangbubugbog ko kay Jaime.

I cleaned it and bandaged it before headig to Savannah.

"Daddy!" She happily jumped.

I smiled weakly, trying to cover my exteme sadness.

I lifted her up to kiss her pero mabilis ko syang ibinaba nang biglaang kumirot ang ulo ko.

Just when her feet finally touched the ground, nawalan ako ng balanse at napaluhod sa harapan niya.

Oh god.. not now...not in front of my daughter.

"Urgh..." I winced in pain. My head feels lightheaded.

"Daddy???" Puno sya ng pagtataka. "Daddy are you okay???" I lifted my glance at her face, worry was written all over it.

I tried to stay still and cover up. I sat on the floor and chuckled.

"Yes baby. Bumibigat ka na."

Ngumuso sya bago tumawa. Her pretty eyes laughed with her.

Napangiti ako. I love seeing my daughter's smile. She is my strength.

"Masakit lang yung kamay mo, Daddy. Here I will kiss it. Mmmmmuah!" And she hugged me.

Pumuslit lang ako to get my meds and pain killer. I should try not to get stressed accordig to my cousin Khen otherwise, my conditon will worsen twice as it normally does.

But that fucking Jaime...

_____

It was time for Savannah's bedtime story. Doon sya muli muna sa kwarto namin ni Aliyah matutulog.

She was already on her pajamas holding Mr. Rabbit with her.

I took out a big paperbag and pulled out more rabbit stuff toys from it.

"This is Baby Rabbit." I pulled out the first Rabbit. Her jaw dropped.

"Is she for me?"  Her eyes were amazed.

"Yes because you've been a good girl." I answered.

"Yey!! Thank you so much Daddy! She is so pretty!!!" She hugged me.