Chapter 31

MARCUS' POV

[A DAY AGO]

Pagkababang-pagkababa ko sa chopper may mga doktor na sumalubong sa akin. They stand up tall like a troop in a military while wearing those white coat. Lahat sila ay nakatago ang mga kamay sa mga bulsa. The air and the sound from the chopper is disturbing. Pero mas nakaka abala sakin ay ang nakahandang stretcher sa tabi nila.

We are at the helepad of the Santidad Montecillo Medical Group, the leading and of course the most expensive hospital in ASIA.

From abroad pa ang mga facilities rito and our cousin himself is the Valedictorian and a topnotcher in the Harvard School of Medicine.

Our cousin, Khen Santidad Montecillo stands tall at the center of his whole medical team to greet me.

He is up to now the most awarded doctor in the Philippines.

Nakatindig ito at nakangiting lumapit kami sa isa't isa. We hugged and greeted each other.

"I can walk. Bat may stretcher dyan?" I raised my brow. He shrugged his shoulders.

"Just making sure. Let's check you up now." He answered.

Pumunta kami sa loob ng ospital using the executive elevator only he and his team can use.

Chris and Lance was inside the lift to fetch us.

"No Khen. I won't take the operations." I blurted out. Nag iba ang atmosphere when I announced it. His team looked at me as if I am out of my mind.

Khen was dumbfounded too.

"Nakakabaliw ba ang tumor?" Lance asked Khen without considering the presemce of the med team. "I think it has affected his sanity."

"Lance." Suway ni Chris sakanya.

Lance darted his eyes on me and just sigh. "What are we going to do with you?"

"You should have come to me first, Shane. Mga magkababata naman tayong magpipinsan a? Why hide it on me?" Ani Khen. "I cannot guarantee a 100% successful operation because that will be against our oath to promise something like that. Pero sasabihin ko sayo...

That tumor insie your head is like an implanted time bomb. Bigla ka nalang niyan lalamunin."
He said.

"You'd lose your motor skills, your eyesight, your whole life if we will not do anything fast."

"Kaya kitang operahan. Babalik ako sa States in two weeks time kaya kailangan na nating simulan to."

"I am not going to do it."

"Puthang i*a talaga." Lance said at napahawak sa sintido niya. Napabuntong hininga si Chris.

"Sige. Maghahanda na kami ng magarang kabaong para sayo." Lance hissed.

I didn't speak.
A second later ay sumabog na sa inis si Lance ulit.

"P*TANG INA MO SHANE. THE BIGGEST RISK IS NOT TAKING A RISK! BUSINESSMAN KA! ALAM MO YAN!" Inawat ni Khen at Chris si Lance na dinuduro na ko. I just stood there na pinagtitinginan ng mga empleyado ni Khen.

"Tama na. Naiintindihan ko ang takot mo. Maging ang desisyon mo." Khen said. "You don't want to risk your remaining days. Pero checheck upin pa rin kita so we can design a medication that can lessen the speed of your tumor's growth." Inakbayan ako ni Khen.
"This is a normal thing. Death is scarier when you have someone you have to protect. You have a daughter. I understand why you are scared." Hinagod ng pinsan ko ang likod ko.

My tears started to well up. Umakbay rin sakin si Chris.

"Hoy Lance!" Tawag niyon kay Lance na bumuntong hininga.