Chapter 17: Small Bump

The past three weeks have been amazing. We actually went skydiving. I was scared at first but then the adrenaline hit me as we were falling and I felt as free as a god damn bird. A couple days after that we sat here in the hot tub drinking wine and laughing. And yes stuff happened that night. Come on can't help when two married people, that are naked and in the same area have the urge to do that. We have had so much fun being here, and we've been here for almost a month. It'll be a month tomorrow. Today I've been staying in bed because I've been throwing up since this morning. I haven't been feeling well, but he has been taking care of me, and he is gonna be taking me to the doctor around here to see what is wrong. Probably the flu or something like that.

"Hey you okay?" John asked as he walked in with a man in a lab coat on. He smiled and tipped his head at me. I smiled softly as John helped me up. "He's here to take your blood to see what's wrong." John said sitting next to me. I nodded and the man pulled out his needles and first aid kit. He cleaned my arm a bit and wrapped around a bandage around the upper part of my arm. I looked away as the needle entered my skin and it stayed there for a bit until he pulled it out.

"I will give you a call when I know." He said in a deep voice and put his stuff away and the tube of my blood into a plastic baggy. John nodded as the man walked out. He sighed and stood up.

"What kind of soup do you want Angel?" He asked looking at me and smiled. I thought for a moment and looked back at him.

"Maybe some tomato soup with vegetables in it?" I asked. He nodded and walked to the kitchen. I've also learned that John is an amazing cook. His middle name is Daniel, and he works at his own business where they make cars there. God I have the perfect man. I heard him whistling as he was coming down the hall. I looked towards the door as he stepped in with a tray.

"Your lunch my lady." He said setting it on the bed and lifting the lid. A bowl of vegetable tomato soup sat in front of me. A glass of sprite, and an apple. I smiled at him and started to eat the food he made for me. He sat down next to me and turned on the TV to my favorite show, Charmed. He smiled and kissed my head. He laid there with me as we watched a couple episodes of it. I soon got tired enough to go back to sleep and he shut of the TV and laid down with me as he rubbed my back. "I hope you have some sweet dreams Angel, I'll be right here if you need anything." He smiled and I soon closed my eyes falling into a deep sleep.

I woke up to the sudden ringing of his phone. He wasn't waking up so I reached over to answer it. I grabbed it and pressed answer putting it against my ear.

"Hello?" I asked tiredly into the phone. A man's voice, the doctor spoke into the phone.

"Hello Mrs. Lown, I didn't mean to wake you but it's about your blood test." He said. I perked up and slowly got out of bed walking to the kitchen.

"Continue." I said, I sat down at one of the stools and grabbed an apple playing with it in my hands and took a bite of it.

"Congratulations." He said happily into the phone. I was confused so I spoke once again.

"Congratulations to what?" I asked taking another bite of my apple. Damn this one good apple. I looked towards the bedroom hoping I wasn't waking John.

"Congratulations, your pregnant." He said. I stopped what I was doing and my eyes widened.

"Wait, are you sure?" I asked as I looked around me thinking someone was listening to me. I looked down at my apple and took another bite a little more weary that someone might have poisoned it.

"Yes, I will be by tomorrow with the tests and the papers." He said. I sighed and smiled in relief knowing that I could see for myself. "Have a good rest of the night Mrs. Lown." He said into the phone.

"You too." I said as he hung up and I set the phone down. I finished my apple and slowly walked out onto the patio and leaned onto the railing and looked up at the stars. "Mom, if you can hear me, if it's true that I'm pregnant, and it ends up being a girl, I want to name her Lily, just like you." I said. I walked back into the house and back to the bedroom to get a little more sleep.

I woke up to John shaking me lightly. He smiled as I opened my eyes and I gave a soft smile towards him as well.

"The doctor is here with the results." He said. I nodded and slowly got up and put on a robe and followed him out to the kitchen. The doctor nodded to me and I sat down as John sat next to me.

"As I promised, the results, this doesn't cost anything." He said as he handed me the papers. I looked through them before John had a chance too. It was true. I am pregnant. I set the papers down a little shocked. John took the papers after me and his expression turned into a big smile.

"Is this true?" he asked looking at the doctor then to me and he kissed my forehead and ran out the backdoor and started shouting so loud I thought people would scream at him, instead I heard cheers after he finished yelling he was gonna be a father. I looked at the doctor.

"Congratulations to you and Mr. Lown. Call me if you both need anything." He said. I nodded and looked back at John as he ran around the backyard. He finally came in after the doctor left and he sat down from across me and took my hands.

"Let's go home and tell our families." He said excitedly. I laughed lightly and looked around the house. "Don't worry, I bought this house, it's all ours for when we want to escape from people and life." He said as he kissed my knuckles. I smiled.

"Then let's head home." I said. He smiled. He got up and walked back to the room to pack all our stuff. I looked out the window and watched as birds flew by, and I thought about the future we were about to have together.