Chapter 3: Daisies

My eyes fluttered open as I heard the thunder and the pounding of rain. I sit up and looked over at my clock: ten am. Two more hours until work.

I stretched my limbs and slowly got out of bed and headed to the bathroom for a shower.

As the warm water ran down my back, I remembered the events of yesterday. The way his hands moved over my skin, that's when I knew I had to go.

After my shower I threw my hair in a French braid and sat in my uniform. I drank a small mug of coffee as I watched the rain hit the pavement.

As noon came around, I started walking to work. My jacket was getting wet, my breath was visible in front of me.

"Angelic! Wait up!" I turned around, Gabriel was running after me with a big smile on his face.

"You got promoted." He said excitedly handing me a paper. I read through it and smiled happily. Manger. I jumped excitedly and we skipped the rest of the way to the cafe.

It was a slow day at the cafe, I wasn't thinking straight with John on my mind.

As I got off, I walked to my small apartment and pulled out my keys at the door. As I twisted the handle, it was open. I slowly stepped in and threw my keys on the counter as I locked the door.

I grabbed a glass and poured some lemonade, my apartment wasn't the best, but it was fit for me.

I walked into my living room, my glass falling to the ground and shattered.

Micheal, who was my ex, sat waiting for me, he stood up when he saw me.

The shattered glass was all around me. He grabbed the broom and swept it up.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him as I sat on the couch worriedly.

"We need to talk." He answered, he pretended like I would like to listen.

"Damn right we need to talk. How the hell did you get in?" I shouted the last part.

"Your friend let me in." He said, I rolled my eyes and stood up.

"Micheal why are you here?" I asked as I crossed my arms.

He gave me the longest silence, it made me uncomfortable. He finally looked up at me.

"Angelic, I have been thinking about you lately, and I still want us to be together." He sighed and stood up grabbing my hands.

"I still love you." He said. Those words didn't feel right, I looked up at his eyes and shook my head.

"No you don't, please leave." I said softly.

"What?" He was trying to sound real, but I knew it was fake.

"Leave!" I shouted, his eyes went to slits as he left, I heard the crash of my vase, my door slammed and I stood frozen.

My head was spinning, his words ran through my head, my body fell on the couch, my heart hurt.

I felt a tear fall down my face and I closed my eyes.

He never wanted me, he only wanted sex. Yea I'm not a virgin, throw me a party.

Micheal Willis wasn't a good man, he always went for younger girls, including me.

My birthday is coming up, let's have a great trouble free couple of weeks. My phone started ringing, it was Shelby. I picked up and answered.

I heard her crying and right away my sister instincts kicked in.

"Shelby are you ok?" I asked worriedly. She sniffles and cleared her throat.

"Angie, I-I'm pregnant."