Chapter 4: Shitter

As the words left her mouth, my heart stopped beating. I heard her calling my name so I came back to reality.

"How long have you been pregnant?" I asked, I knew she wanted to tell me more but that's when I heard the slam of the door and her husband yelling.

"I'll call you back in the morning." After she said that, the line went dead. I sat in complete silence, staring at the white wall.

As much as I wanted to sleep, I couldn't. I lied awake hoping the phone call would come sooner.

As my eyes got heavier, all that could consume me was the darkness that surrounded me.

The sun can up, but I didn't want to get my limbs out of the warm bed.

My mind wandered back to last nights events. First Micheal showed then I found out my own sister is pregnant. My world was slowly crashing down, and it was all around me, I was the center of it.

My phone began to ring, the caller ID was Shelby's name. As I answered I could hear the faint sound of the microwave.

"How are you feeling?" I asked. I was worried, her husband might have been a nice man in the daylight, but behind closed doors, he was cruel.

"I'm fine, you should see my black ey- I mean black dress." I knew what she said, so I got upset.

"He gave you a black eye?!" I shouted into the phone. She sighed and started speaking again.

"Yes he gave me a black eye, but he says he loves me." She was trying to calm me down before I would call daddy and have him pull out his m22.

"Please don't tell dad, I want to be able to see Jacob again." She cried, I bite my lip and gave in.

"I'm not gonna tell daddy, only if you promise me something." I said sadly, I heard her sigh in satisfaction.

"Anything." She said frantically as I heard the sip of the couch.

"You leave him next time it happens. Come here and live with me. But I gotta get to work." I said as I stood up and stretched my limbs.

"Deal, have a good day at work." The call ended and I put my hair in a messy bun not caring.

As I walked out the door, I found a note on the ground addressed to me.

'Dear Angelic Hartman,
After work, find me in the park gardens. I wanna talk to you.
Signed, John.'

I put the note in my bag and headed to work a little more careful. The day was going by slowly so I poured myself a cup of coffee.

"Angelic, how about you head out, I'll close up." Gabriel said, I looked at the clock, seven pm. I nodded and grabbed my stuffX

The night air hit my face and I walked to the park slowly, not knowing what to expect.

As I neared the gardens, I could hear soft music playing. I saw rose petals on the brick walk and I followed them. As the garden came into sight, John stood in the middle with two wine glasses.

"Hello Angel." He handed me a wine glass, my hands shaking as I took it.

"So tell me about you." He said, he led me to a park bench to sit on.

"I'm Angelic Rose Hartman, I'm twenty two years old. My family isn't very rich, but we got by. I have a thirty year old sister named Shelby and I love painting." I said. John lifted my chin, that's when I felt soft lips on mine.

Most romantic kiss yet.