Chapter 15: Dressed in White

I sat in the tall chair as five people ran around the small tent I was in. I was holding a breath I didn't realize I was holding as soon as Shelby and dad walked in. Shelby smiled big and walked over to me with her dress in hand and no makeup on. Makeup sister time!! I laughed at the thought and dad kissed my hair.

"My little girl, I can't believe I am walking you down the aisle today." I saw small tears fall from his eyes and I felt myself about to cry, I stood up and hugged my father with a big embrace.

"I'm always gonna be your little girl daddy." I said softly as I sniffled. I reached out to Shelby and she gave me her hand, I pulled her into the embrace. I missed my mother, if she was alive right now, she would be balling her eyes out and not wanting to let me go.

"I'm gonna go help finish setting up, I love you girls." Dad kissed both our cheeks and walked out of the tent to the outside full of helpers and guests. I breathed heavily and huffed. Shelby sat down next to me as we got our makeup and hair done.

"Are you ready to be wed in three hours?" Shelby asked me. I sighed and closed my eyes getting my eye-shadow on.

"I'm not really ready, I'm very nervous. Like I feel like hell is gonna erupt from my stomach." She laughed lightly and took my hand in her manicured fingers. My nails we're french nailed and hers we're blue and silver like her dress. The brush in my hair gave me a shiver, two hours left.

"Don't worry Angie, everything is gonna be fine, you got this. You love him and he loves you. Very much." She said. I shuddered and let the hairstylist mess with my hair longer.

"Wallah!" The stylist said excitedly. I felt the chair spin and I was facing the mirror. My make up was black liner with a sharp cat eye, grey and silver eye-shadow, ruby red lips and rosy cheeks. My hair was in an up-do, two braids from my bangs went to the back, and my hair came up into curls in a bun. I gasped at the beauty and didn't believe it was me. I looked at Shelby. Her makeup was blue eye-shadow and silver glitter on the inner corners. Her lips were a dark pink. Her hair was down, curled with one braid making a crown on the top of her head. She smiled with her beauty and grabbed her dress.

"Let's get dressed." She said as she handed me my dress. We walked to the changing area and I zipped her up first. She sighed and helped me into my dress, zipping up what was of the back. I slowly turned to her and she clapped and wiped her eyes as a tear fell. I smiled softly as we stepped out and dad was standing there. Right when he saw me, a gasp flew from his mouth and tears started falling. He wore his famous black and blue tux, and his wedding ring was on, moms was around his neck.

"My beautiful girls." He said hugging us both. I felt something go in my hair. "Your mother would have wanted you to have it, something blue." He said as he wiped away his eyes. I looked in the mirror to see a blue head ornament, and it had two rubies and three diamonds. I smiled softly and hugged my dad. I grabbed the heels on the chair and slowly stepped into them. On the shoes was silver linings and black emeralds. I sighed and grabbed the roses and forget-me-nots for my bouquet. I sighed as the police man walked up to Shelby and she got in line with my two other friends, Sam and Kaitlin. I smiled and took a deep breath and then let it go, the curtains with the tent opened and I was in awe. I didn't plan any of it, I looked at Shelby who was smiling back at me.

"He asked me to help him, because I know what you like." I blushed and looked at the black roses, the white streamers and all the rose petals falling onto the path. At the altar, I could see a few men and that's when I saw John. He stood there, his tall frame was coated in the sunlight. His white tux really brought out his big green eyes. When he met my eyes, his hand flew to his mouth. I saw some tears fall and that made my heart race faster. He stood up tall as the music started and Sam, Kaitlin and Shelby all started walking with their dates in front of me. Shelby was smiling as the little girl and boy in front of us were throwing down petals and one was carrying the rings at the same time. I smiled softly as a small tear rolled down my cheek. I squeezed my dads arm tighter, and he sniffled softly as we got closer to the altar.