Chapter 3

I had hardly slept because I was just that excited for the following day. I didn't have a lot to be excited for in life, so when I had a friend like Gabby in my life offering me experiences, it was almost sad how giddy I was. Even though they were for 'kids,' those boys could sing, they were hot, and they were great personalities. The next day I was getting my outfit ready when Gabby showed up around four. She showed up with her hair curled like the day before, but her outfit changed substantially. Her skinny jeans had been swapped out with a teal and navy striped maxi skirt, black goddess sandals, and a flowing black sheer tank top. Her makeup even was darker than before. She looked like she stepped off Latina Magazine with her beautiful and effortless look. I contemplated my outfit that was laid out on my bed as I eyed her clothes on her Latin curves.

"You're wearing that?" She asked me as she walked into my room, seeing the clothing on my bed. I had a baby blue baby doll dress laid out with white flats. I always wore dresses as they were the simplest and they didn't require matching to pants. She gave me a disapproving look and laughed. "Girl, no. Here let me pick something out of your closest." She insisted, making me sit down while she rummaged through my walk in closest.

"You like light colors and the Virgin chic look, don't you?" She asked me as she was walking to the door frame and leaning against it to inspect the articles of clothing inside. I shrugged not taking offense to the Virgin chic comment as I was a Virgin, no reason to take offense.

"I guess you could say that." I smiled at her back. She giggled and crossed her arms across her chest as she shot me a look over her shoulder.

"You don't normally wear this type of thing do you?" She asked me gesturing to her clothing choices which were darker and form fitting. I shook my head hesitantly.

"I play it safe." I told her. She nodded interested and looking up my current dress I had on from the day. It wasn't too much different than the rest of them in front of her in my closet.

"I can see that." She nodded to me before turning her head back around to look through my clothes again. "Have you done anything close to rebellion, by chance?" She asked me pushing clothes side to side on the rack as she didn't seem to be finding anything to her liking. I shook my head, remembering my graduation speech as valedictorian, and how I wanted to be rebellious and say something not so scholarly and more delinquent. It hadn't happened, but I wish I could've been one of those badass girls who said goodbye to her high school career with baffled teachers and a high middle finger held in the air.

"No, that's also kinda why I'm out here so far in advance from the school year. I wanted to get some adventure in my life." I told her smiling shyly. She nodded again still looking through hangers upon hangers.

"Well, you've come to the right ex-party girl to show you a rebellious time at a Big Time Rush show." Gabby said with a wink over her shoulder as I giggled.

When she came back out she had a white swing dress, a black leather jacket that my mom had bought me because a mannequin from the store she was at had it on, and black and white Converse that I used to wear with everything so they were a little worn out, but still nice.

"Are you sure?" I asked Gabby as I stood. She smiled and nodded excitedly as she looked eagerly over her outfit choice for me. It was still me in a way, just a little different. I liked it.

"Yes! I even have a cute black Fedora, you can wear with it. We can swing by my place on the way to the concert." She insisted with a wave of her hand as she seemed excited to play stylist for me.

"Uh, alright." I smiled at her, reminding myself I needed to be willing to make an effort in experiencing life. She let me change in peace in my room, but eventually she wandered back in when I was doing my makeup.