Almost

(WARNING: JUNGKOOK IS CRYING IN THE ABOVE PHOTO, SO IF YOU GET TRIGGERED BY THAT, DON'T CLICK ON IT)

—Y/N POV—
—2 WEEKS LATER—
"Jungkookahhhhhh!" You yelled, running up to him and hugging him. Jungkook laughed and picked you up, spinning you around.

"Jkkkkkkkkk" he replied, mocking you. Why and embarrassed, you hid your face on his chest.

He laughed and poked your cheek. "Hey there." He said. You looked up at him and smiled. But your face crumpled almost instantly.

"She's still in the coma?" Jungkook asked, biting his bottom lip. You nodded. It was after school but your couldn't sleep. Ever.

"The school dance for the end of the term is coming up... she literally looked like a princess in her dress..." you whispered. Jungkook sighed and looked away.

"Yeah..." He said. Then he turned back to you.

"And Jimin?" You bit your bottom lip.

"He's doing better. I guess... as good as you can when your girlfriend is in a coma..." Jungkook nodded. "He's talking now, holding her hand. He just looks tired and he's fallen into depression..." You told him.

"But he's talking?" Jungkook asked. That was the important thing. Was Jimin talking?

You nodded. "He said hello to me and started saying normal stuff. Like initiating normal conversation..." you said. Jungkook nodded.

"Good. That means he's in the stage where he's just being ignorant because he doesn't want to face reality." Jungkook told you.

"What's the next stage?" You asked him. He bit his lip and looked at you.

"Either she wakes up or... Jimin begins to go into full grief mode..." that didn't sound good...

"Let's just hope she wakesup, then." You said.

"Yeah." Was all Jungkook said. There was something he wasn't telling you...

"Jungkookah... what's happening...?" You asked. Jungkook looked up at you and handed you a piece of paper.

Confused, you took it and looked at it.

Hospital document for:
Kim Lian na
Condition: intense coma. Predicted to be in this state for 1-2 months
Likely to be hospitalised for twice as long-

You scrunched it up and threw it across the room, sinking down and holding your head in your hands.

"How did you even get that?" You asked, voice muffled against your hands.

"I... Jimin... He... asked for it and showed it to me and-"

You stood up. "Okay. Whatever." You said.

"Y/N... I-"

"Lian na was my first friend, Jungkook. And not just at that school. Do you even know what it's like, moving schools because of bullying, and not having any friends? Moving schools because you just cannot deal with all of that s***?!" You swallowed back tears.

Jungkook hugged you. "You're right. I don't know. I'm sorry..." He told you. You just pushed away from him.

"No. I just... I need space." You didn't like the air in the room. It felt tight and awkward. Jungkook just nodded and told you that he would wait outside. "Yup." You replied shortly. When he was outside, you walked to your room and threw a pillow against the wall.

"I HATE THIS!" You screamed. Now you knew that, unless there was some frickin MIRACLE, then there was no way Lian na would be going to that dance.

You sat on your bed and picked up the photo album, opening it. The first page was you and Lian na, laughing. You remembered that day. You were slightly upset, so Jin started telling dad jokes and you and Lian na started laughing at the stupidity of them. You bit your lip to stop yourself from crying. On the page across from that, Lian na had an ice cream on her forehead like a unicorn horn. She was going cross-eyed, making you all laugh. She was taking the photo, so she was on the edge as it was a selfie.

You flipped to the next page, you were all huddled in a group hug, and had gotten someone else to take the photo.

Lian na and you were in the middle, the others all huddling around you. This was on Yoongi's birthday. Everyone was happy that day, super happy.

The page across was the same day, you were all around a cake that Yoongi was cutting. Jin has made the cake, and it looked AMAZING! You remembered the caramel flavour and the way that it had the fluffiest texture...

You flipped the page again and saw Liam na's smiling face. She was holding up hearts to the camera. This was on her and Jimin's 2nd year anniversary for dating. Jimin was behind her in this photo, arms wrapped around her waist. He was kissing her cheek.

A tear splashed onto the page. You hadn't even realised you were crying. You wiped your tears away.

The next photo was her resting her head on Jimin's chest, they were hugging. You were pulling a funny face in the background, photo bombing. Jungkook was taking the photo. You remembered how he snapped the photo, and then laughed when he saw you in the background.

Someone knocked on your door. "It's... it's open..." you sniffed. Jungkook opened the door. He looked worried and his face was red, he had been crying. But for you, Lian na or Jimin, you didn't know.

He walked over to you and sat down, pulling you close. "You okay?" He asked. You shook your head, then turned your face towards his chest. Jungkook stroked your back, hushing you.

"It's okay, I'm here now. You're going to be just fine. I promise." You nodded. "I called the hospital. By some miracle, she is getting better. Slowly, but Lian na should be out of the coma soon. We're going to be okay." You nodded again, then looked up, tears still fresh on your face.

"I've heard of people dying in comas, Jungkookah..." you trailed off.

"I asked about that, too. It's really unlikely in the first place, but there's almost a 0% chance that it happens with Lian na's case.

"Good." You whispered, but one word repeated within your mind.

Almost...

————————————————————————————————————————AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hey guys, I'm so sorry for all of the sad chapters! I'll make a happy one next time, I pinkie promise~
Also, me and JungkooksBowtie are writing fan fictions for each other, and she is writing a Jimin one for me!!! You should go and check her out, she's really good!!!
I purple you all 💜💜
————————————————————————————————————————

————————————————————————————————————————AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hey guys, I'm so sorry for all of the sad chapters! I'll make a happy one next time, I pinkie promise~Also, me and JungkooksBowtie are writing fan fictions for each other, and she is writing a...