E l e v e n

Dylan's POV

Zayn smiles broadly once we've entered through the doors of the underground arena. I don't know why he pretends to care. He only cares about the money he's going to make from all the people who bet on me and Ari winning the match.

"You made it on time." he says. "I was worri—"

"Bullshit." I snap, and curl my hands into fists, wanting to punch him so badly. "You could've at least told us beforehand."

Zayn's smile disappears instantly after hearing my words. A scowl covers his face, and he looks at me and Arianna.

"Oh, yeah? Well I'm sorry I interrupted you guys while you were playing dress up!" he retorts bitterly, anger evident in his tone.

It dawns on me that he's talking about our matching outfits.

"Just tell us who we're fighting tonight, and leave my boyfriend alone." Ari says plainly. She crosses her arms before giving him a flinty look. I smirk because she's standing up for me.

"Watch your mouth, princess." Zayn narrows his eyes. "You're talking to a man who can end your career with a snap of his fingers."

This causes Arianna to laugh hysterically, her hands going to her stomach. I find myself laughing along with her. "I'd like to see you try that, Zayn. After all, you need me and Dylan."

Zayn just rolls his eyes. Of couse he won't admit he needs us; he's too proud and arrogant. He wants to be above everyone so that we can praise him.

It's so sad that not all dreams come true.

"Whatever floats your boat, princess. Now move your ass and get changed, the both of you!"

×××

I slide the balaclava over my face, breathing steadily, whilst Arianna is gulping down a bottle of water. She has already donned her face with her balaclava and I can't help but notice that she looks cute.

In a demented kind of way.

Realising that I'm staring at her, she punches me lightly on my stomach, because I'm shirtless, probably smirking since I can't see her face.

"This is not the time to be fantasising about me, Dylan." she says sternly. "You can do that afterwards."

Rolling my eyes, I purse my lips. I always wonder how she does that, how she knows that I'm thinking about her.

"I was doing no such thing. There was a bug on your face, until you moved and it flew away." I lie, with a huge amount of confidence.

I mean, people always believe what you say, if you say it with confidence.

"I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, baby."

"Say that again." I demand, taking a step forward so that I can hold her waist. The look in her eyes reveals that she's perplexed. "I'll give you th—"

"No." I interject sharply. "Say the last word."

"What, baby?"