N i n e

Dylan's POV

"What's your name?"

"Dylan Hunters."

"How old are you?"

"Eighteen."

"Which school do you go to?"

"I'm homeschooled."

"Are you British?"

"Yes."

"So, you're dating Ari, huh?"

I nod and crack a small smile, agreeing with her statement. "Yes, I—"

"What do you love most about her?"

"Her smile. And kisses." I retort shyly, my voice shaky.

"And what do hate most about her?"

"I don't know, it's hard to say."

"Just say something."

"Fine, her mood swi—"

"And what are your intentions with her?" she interjects, her voice rough and edgy. "And are you sure you're really good enough for her?"

I sip my cocktail, and look into the eyes of the girl who has ginger hair. She's sitting across me and Arianna, another girl, who's wearing a floppy hat, sitting beside her. Her eyes are slightly fierce, and her arms are folded against her chest.

She's being protective of Arianna, and she wants to be sure I won't break Arianna's heart. This girl seriously cares for Arianna. I feel as though I'm sitting with Arianna's mom right now.

The interrogation is clearly going to be a heated one.

"Calm down, Ashley." Arianna pleads, her undertone soft. I'm surprised when she interlocks our fingers while we're seated at a round table in a beach café. The sun is slowly setting, a cool breeze surrounding us. "You can see my baby's nervous."

Her words hang in the air, almost choking me, and making me blush.

"Your baby?" Her friends shout in unison, their eyes bulging out of their sockets. They briefly look at each other before pulling their heads back.

"Oh, she's definitely in the honeymoon phase." the other one says to Ashley, shaking her head dramatically. "She's under a love spell alright."

"I agree, totally." Ashley comments.

Arianna rolls her eyes before pulling me closer to her. She rubs her thumb against my hand, causing my entire being to shiver, but stops, to my dismay.

"Don't mind Melissa, Dyl. Now come here." She leans forward to kiss me. This is the first time she's initiating a kiss.

Since I want to prove to her friends that I truly love her, I meet Arianna half way and engulf her in a sweet kiss, not caring if people are watching or not. It's not too mushy, not too long, but extremely deep.

"Ncaww! That was so adorable!" Melissa gushes once we pull away, a cute smile on her face. Holding her straw with her thumb and index finger, she sips her Sundowner, still smiling and staring at me and Arianna.