S e v e n : Steven

Arianna's POV

"Ari!"

I stop walking and turn around to see Melissa running after me in the hallway. "Ari," she pants heavily once she's next to me, her hands on her knees. "Where are going? You're supposed to be with us at physics."

"Physics?" I gasp. "But I have Accounting now." Stuffing my hand in the pocket of my jean, I pull out my phone and check my timetable.

I zoom in on the picture, and find out that Melissa is indeed correct. Accounting is after physics; I must have overlooked that.

"You're right, Mel. Let's go then." I groan before sliding my phone back into my pocket, my bag on my back. Since it's Physics now, that means I'm going to see Jake. And we spoke barely an hour ago.

You know, I never imagined myself cheating on Dylan a few days ago. Now, though, I feel extremely horrible knowing that I did betray him.

But is it really betrayal?

I mean, Jake is the one who came on to me strongly. Heck, he even planned how the entire thing would unfold itself while I was unaware.

He trapped me like a mouse caught in a mousetrap. All I did was fall prey to his bewitching good looks, unfortunately.

So technically, I didn't cheat. Fate made me.

I shake off the thought as Melissa and I are going up the stairs. My phone vibrates in my pocket and it scares me a little. I answer it without checking the caller ID. "Hello."

"Hi, honey," Dad says, his voice deep. "Your mom and I are going on a date tonight for our anniversary. Can you please babysit Steven?" he asks, but I know it's an order.

"Sure, if you pay me." I say when I've reached the top of the stairs, and Melissa looks at me quizzically, a smile on her lips. "Fine. How about a hundred dollars?"

"Meh. It'll do but the service won't be good." Steven is a pain in the ass. So a measly one hundred is not enough for me to tolerate his stinky attitude.

"Two hundred. That's as high as I'm going, Arianna."

"Sold!" I exclaim, and cringe when I remember that there are classes around me. "I gotta go, Dad. Bye." I drop the call and Melissa and I enter the science laboratory.

People are in their groups so it's quite noisy, which also means Mrs Jacobs won't notice that we're only arriving now.

×××

"Thanks for doing this, sweetie." Dad wraps his arm around my shoulders and kisses my forehead.

"Just go before I change my mind." I tease, smiling. "You know how much of a headache Steven can be."

Mom laughs whilst she's fixing her jacket, grinning before opening the front door. She's much taller in her black stilettos, but she's still shorter than Dad.

"Well, he's all yours for the night. You have no idea how happy I am."

I roll my eyes. "Whatever." Raising my hands, I bend them at the wrists and move them forward repeatedly as though I'm shooing something away. "Now get out of here. I can't stand seeing your faces."