F i v e : Confusion

Arianna's POV

"Oh my gosh, Arianna!" I feel someone shake my body from side to side, slapping my cheeks lightly with their fingertips. Groaning, I gradually open my eyes and touch my forehead, my head throbbing with pain.

"You're alive!"

I sit upright and stare at a very happy Tiffany kneeling beside me, looking relieved. My vision is blurry.

"What happened?" I mumble, grimacing as I stiffen my muscles and relax them again.

"You fainted."

"What?" I look around me and perceive my handbag lying a great distance away from me, on the tiles. I think my head hurts because I most likely slammed it against the tiles when I fell. Or fainted, rather.

"You fainted." Tiffany repeats slowly so that I can take everything in properly. She stands up and extends her arms to lift me up from the ground.

"Where's Chloe?"

"She went to call your friends after freaking out." Tiffany chuckles and hands me my handbag. "Thank you." She nods, her face serious. "What made you pass out?"

Jake Oliver. He made me pass out.

"It's probably because I didn't eat breakfast, and I skipped lunch as well." I retort, shrugging. The bell rings, making me realise that I have to get to my next class.

"Then you should really eat something, Ari."

I smile at Tiffany because she cares. "I will. Thanks." Leaning forward to envelope her in a hug, she laughs and pats my back. "You're welcome."

×××

I fainted.

I. Fucking. Fainted.

And it's because of Jake. Him and his flirtatious nature. I don't understand why he told me about his "feelings" for me when he clearly has other plans with Chloe.

The more I think about this, the more I believe it's all a big fat joke. I allowed myself to be deceived by the dark world. The fact that I even care is killing me.

What did I do to the world to deserve this?

My hand shaking, I knock on the front door of Dylan's house. I figured since I had a bad day, I should come and visit him. He knows how to cheer me up and I don't mind spending the rest of my afternoon with him.

The door opens. "Oh?" Dylan says, arching his eyebrows, a smirk on his face. I curse internally because he's wearing a white shirt and denim jeans, a towel wrapped around his neck. The hotness is too much. "And what have I done to deserve such a visit?"

God, that accent.

"You didn't have to do anything." I say meekly, and blush behind my purple glasses. "I'm here because I miss you."

"Oh." Dylan leans against the doorframe, eyeing my suspiciously but I know he's just teasing. His hair is slightly wet as he runs a hand through it.

Backing away, he allows me to step over the threshold. "In that case, you can come in."

He shuts the door once I've passed through it, and I pout defensively when I look at him, my handbag strap over my shoulder. "You didn't say you missed me." I whine.