Chapter 7:

Nya

As soon as I texted Shaun he wrote back saying lets meet tonight instead of tomorrow. I was going to meet him up on the hill by his house that we use to go to together when we first met.

I had leggings on with Shaun's big hoodie on. I walked and sat next to Shaun looking down at the water. We sat in silence for awhile.

"So we strangers now?" He asked.

"Huh?"

"You always give me a hug when you see me." He said finally looking over at me.

I smiled sadly then hugged him only for him to grab me hugging me hard sucking on my neck making me laugh.

"Shaun!" I snap feeling the rising skin on my neck. He always does that when I'm mad at him.

"I hate you being all serious and mad at me." He said wrapping his arms around me as I sat in front of him. "So what's up?"

"Look you know how I feel about you-"

"How you feel about me?" He asked.

"Shaun, you know I'm not good with expressing my feelings." I said sighing. "I'm sick of this little game we got going on. I'm tired of being ya best friend with benefits-"

"I mean I wouldn't say benefits because we don't have sex." He joked.

"Can you take me serious for five minutes and not cut me off?" I said becoming annoyed.

"I'm listening."

"I'm just done with the back and forth. You act one way with me then go fuck the next bitch. I'm not coo with that so I think it's best we just stay best friends and leave the benefits part."

"So I can't eat the pussy again?"

"Shaun." I said sternly turning back around towards him not being able to help the smile that played on my lips.

"Okay, okay. I'm not good with this either. I want you but-"

"But not as I girlfriend." I whisper.

"It's not like that, Nya. I just don't think I'm built for a relationship. I never had a girl. I wouldn't know the first thing about being a boyfriend, a faithful one. I don't wanna hurt you in the long run. Bare with me."

"I can't wait forever. I won't turn down dudes for you forever." I mumbled leaning back into him.

He mumbled something, but I didn't hear him. I was too lost in thought to even ask.

*

Shaun
(A Week Later)

"So you and Nya coo?" Rock asked me as we were counting money.

"Yeah," I shrugged. "For the most part. She won't let me feel on or kiss her tho. Shit is a fucking struggle." I been all about Nya lately as I usually am just more now that I haven't been fucking hoes left and right. I been coolin."

"Why not?"

"She said she's tired of the games of us acting like a couple but not being one." I said rubbing my head.

"Bruh." Rock said shaking his head. "She want you and no matter how much you bullshit you want her too. Fuck you waiting for?"

"She deserves better than me and what I can give her."

"And?" Rock said as if for me to continue.

"And what? It's that simple she deserves better than what I can give her. I can't love her."

"You coming up with anything to ruin the thought of y'all together. You think she care about better? How many years she been here and is still here? You in denial. You already fucking love her."

I sighed rubbing my face because he was right.

"I got love for her there's a difference."