Chapter 39:

Nya

I stood there in disbelief.

Dez has a pregnant girlfriend and their mom is standing in front of me looking sober and clean.

"I'll be right back." I said slowly as I backed up to follow Shaun, but stopped short. "Dez watch the babies for me. And oh don't let them touch them, don't know y'all yet." I shrugged before I turned and jogged up the steps.

I walked into the room to see Shaun pacing.

"Baby." I called.

"This is bullshit." He mumbled more so to himself.

"Shaun." I said grabbing his hands to stop him from pacing the room and pulled him to the bed to sit so I could sit on his lap.

"My 15 year old brother has a pregnant girlfriend." He said.

"Well, I mean, you let him have sex so-" I stopped talking when he gave me a look.

"I'm being serious right now. I also told the nigga to use fuckin condoms." He snapped. "Then he brings that woman in here like that shit is okay."

"Let's go," I said standing up grabbing his hand to pull him up.

"What? Man nah."

"You need answers, right? Then lets go." He sighed finally standing up.

All three of them were sitting on the couch as we walked back downstairs.

"Look I know-" Dez started, but Shaun cut him off.

"Shut the fuck up." He snapped.

"Shaun!" I said glaring at him. "Go ahead and talk Dez."

"I know I'm only 15 about to be a dad-"

"You don't know what the fuck condoms are?" Shaun cuts him off again.

"You didn't wear them with Nya."

"Lil nigga I'm 23, I'm fucking grown. I damn sure wasn't going around fuckin raw at 15."

"Come on Shaun, give us a break. We slipped up once."

"So that's why the money I give you been going so fast lately and you been asking for more than usual." Shaun said eyeing Dez as he nodded. "So you just think I'ma be paying for you, ya so called girl, and y'all baby?"

"Nah, that's why I be gone all the time lately. I got a job."

"A job? What job? You only 15. I swear if you in these streets when I'm planning on stopping eventually I'ma fuck you straight up since I'm already debating on slumping ya shit right now."

"Don't talk to your brother like that." Ms. Shannon spoke up for the first time.

Shaun looks around for a few seconds then directly at her. "I'ma need you to mind ya fuckin business."

"I'm still your fucking mother!"

"Bit-" I covered Shaun's mouth with my hand.

I sighed, this shit is crazy.

"Okay, let's speed this shit up before Shaun loses his shit." I said as I maneuvered myself into Shaun's lap to keep him from getting up and walking off. "Why are you here? No disrespect." I said to Ms. Shannon.

"About that," Dez spoke up rubbing the back of his neck. "I have been helping her for months get clean. She went through a free treatment I found and she's been clean for over eight months. It's not long, but it's a start. She even has a job and everything. She wants to be in our life again, she wants to be a mom and I wanna give her a chance."

"And I'm sorry to you Shaun and to you too Nya." Their mom spoke. "Shaun, for everything in the past. I know that I am the reason that you ended up out here in these streets having to provide for you and your brother. I wish I could take it all back. Losing y'all dad made something snap in me, I couldn't deal even when I tried for y'all. I wasn't strong enough, but y'all were. Nya, I will be paying you back your two thousand dollars with interest."

"Don't worry about the money." I said flagging her off.

Shaun grabbed my hand moving it from his mouth. "Ain't no don't worry about it."

"It's really fine." I said ignoring Shaun. "Just don't do my boys dirty again and we have no problems."

She nodded smiling. "Thanks for being there for my boys over the years when I wasn't."

"No problem. They are my big babies. Right Shaun and Dez? Y'all my babies?" I asked pinching Shaun's cheek as he mean mugged me slapping my hand away making me laugh.

"So big bro, You not mad at me for all the shit I sprung on you just now?" Dez asked.

Shaun just stared at him for awhile. "Where you work at nigga?"

Dez smiled knowing that was Shaun's way of saying they were coo. "Footlocker..."

I tuned them out as I watched their mom smile at the interaction between the two of them.

Hopefully Shaun will be up to giving her another chance.