Perfect

About a whole week had gone by and Liana was acting as if I ceased to exist. The Fall Ball was in a few days and she hadn’t asked me like I’d hoped, or talk to me for that matter. It was killing me. The only positive thing I had going was that I was passing Transfiguration, so I wouldn’t need a tutor.

            I was in my room. Neither of my roommates was there, so I rummaged through my drawers until I found a bottle. A bottle of poisoned mead that I was supposed to give to Dumbledore. But I couldn’t bring myself to. Sure, it’d be an easy way out of this mess… but it would never work and I knew it.

            I sighed, which led to me breaking down. I couldn’t stop. It was just too much. Everything with Liana, the mission, keeping up with my assignments… It was all too much to bear. I looked in the mirror and didn’t even recognize myself. I was ghastly pale and very skinny. I hadn’t really had much of an appetite, actually. At least if Liana and I were on speaking terms, it would make me happy. But she’d made it clear that she wanted nothing to do with me. I just wanted to know why. That’s all I wanted. I laughed because I’d just lied to myself. I wanted her as well.

I put on a white blouse with black pants and a blazer to match. I put on my gold watch and went downstairs to the common room to meet Flora Carrow. She’d asked me to go with her just a couple days ago. She was only a fourth year, but that didn’t matter. I was only going because I wanted to see who Liana was going with. I knew it was mean, but I’d get away with it as long as I kept my cool.

            She was wearing a knee length green dress, of course. She smiled when she saw me. “You look lovely,” I said, holding my arm out. She took it and together we made our way to the Ball. By the time we got there, it seemed that mostly everyone had already arrived. I didn’t see Liana though.

            “I’ll go get us some drinks,” I said, smiling before I left her. I spotted her twin sister, Hestia as I walked by. I went to the punch bowl, getting a cup. I poured some inside and took a gulp. Where was Liana?

            My thought was interrupted when Blaise stepped in front of me. “What the hell are you doing here?”

            “I’m with Flora,” I said, taking another sip. He smiled and shook his head. “I’m assuming that you’re with Tracey?” Blaise nodded.

            “You always find a way to get what you want, eh?”

            “Of course,” I said, smirking. I turned and I saw her… with Finnigan! What the bloody hell was he doing here? And with her? I poured punch into another cup for Flora and returned to her.

            “Thank you. There’s something different about you, Malfoy. Why are you being so kind?” she asked, raising her eyebrows. “I never thought that you’d actually say yes when I asked.”

            “Why’s that?” I asked, looking in the crowd to see where Liana had taken off to.

            “Because I’m only a fourth year… and you are Draco Malfoy.” I didn’t answer her. I only smirked.

            “Care to dance?”

            “Sure.”

I caught Liana’s eye as I danced with Flora. She was a nice person. Maybe we could be close. As friends of course. Liana frowned when she saw me. Maybe she was jealous. I sure hoped so. Because I wanted to hurt her, just as she’d hurt me.