Chapter Six

Jisoo watched as Lisa and Chae made their way down the corridor with the trolley following them smoothly. Letting out a breath she closed the door behind her. In the kitchen she saw that Jennie was making some coffee. They waited as the water boiled. At the sound of the click, Jennie poured each of them a cup. She had also taken out the tin of cookies in Jisoo's secret stash. They made their way in to the living room area and settled in to the couches.

"So how long have you been on this?" asked Jennie

Jisoo knew it would eventually come up. She turned to her best friend.

"Jen, it's not like I could tell you. Management.."

"But Lisa knew. Are we not a team? Do you not trust me?"

"Jendeukie, Lisa happened to come in to my office when I was chatting to Chae. Turns out they knew each other. We never talked about the case to her and she only found out about Chae coming last night. That's why I let her tell you. We are a team. Always will be."

Jennie looked at Jisoo sternly. It's not that she did not believe her friend's reasoning it was just that she wasn't informed about anything. If she wasn't in such discomfort today she probably would have been a lot angrier about things. Jisoo sighed.

"For some reason management gave me strict instructions to keep this under wraps. From both of you. On top of that you've been," Jisoo didn't keep eye contact.

"What?"

"You've been acting weird lately. For the past couple of months you seemed preoccupied with something. Then out of nowhere you just seemed to want to work. It was weird." Jisoo urged.

They both took pride in the fact that they could be fully honest with each other. As trainees they had formed an incredible friendship together and it had nothing to do with sharing the same surname. They both knew they had found a long-time friend and that would never change. But recently things were off with Jennie and Jisoo desperately wanted to know why. It didn't help that Jennie pretended like nothing was wrong.

"How's Cass?" Jisoo asked randomly

It had not passed Jisoo's attention that since Jennie's girlfriend has been away she has been pouring herself in to work. The two had been dating for just over a year and by all appearances looked happy together. But as the relationship continued, Jennie's entire aura shifted. Then when the blonde went off on a mission with her team, Jennie was beyond eager to work. She was practically back to normal. The entire thing rubbed Jisoo the wrong way but she didn't want to pry.

"She's okay. Team Thesaurus should be back in a week's time so I will be seeing her soon. Anyway, I hear you Chu I was a bit off but in the future let me know what's going on." Jennie bit her lip

Jisoo nodded in assurance slightly surprised by Jennie's admission. She decided not to push it further. They sat in comfortable silence until Jisoo had the urge to play one of her video games. Jennie decided she'd join her for about an hour before returning to her room.

Chae couldn't believe what she was witnessing. She had known that Lisa had a passion for photography but this was some next level shit. After getting Chae in to her room they had moved to Lisa's which was next to Jisoo's. There were only five rooms on this level but it was understandable since each had a kitchen and living room. When Chae had entered her room it felt more like a studio. She tapped Lisa on the shoulders. Her friend didn't budge.

When they had come to the blonde's room they had gotten some hot chocolate and caught up. Lisa was keen to know how her friend was doing. It had been a long time since they had seen each other in person. Chae was Lisa's best kept secret. The agency forbid outside relations but the two had worked around the system. Lisa's excitement at hearing her best's friend's voice that day in Jisoo's office overtook her. It was not her plan to reveal their friendship to her teammate but things have now worked out for the best.

Lisa felt something tap her shoulder. She looked up from the screen. After they had caught up Chae watched some TV while Lisa was busy with the auction. Last week she had discovered that a rare camera was being auctioned at a sale in a French art house. Luckily they had allowed online participants but it had only just started. Lisa didn't know when the camera would come up but she had already purchased some stuff. She took off the headphones and turned to Chae.

"What's up?''

"Do you have anything to eat?" asked Chae

"Na but we can order in after the auction." Lisa offered

"How long will that take?''

Lisa shrugged in response and Chae could see that her friend wanted to return to her business. She had heard that online auctions were a thing. Hearing Lisa shout her offers in to the laptop's microphone or type furiously made it difficult to concentrate on the TV. Also her stomach was telling her that it couldn't wait for too long. She told Lisa that she'd just go back to her room and wait there. Lisa didn't waste a minute to put the headphones back on as Chae left her.