Chapter Fifteen

The window rolled down allowing a cool breeze to pass inside. The street was picture still. Jisoo slumped against the car seat as she waited for the blonde to reappear. They were in one of the most notorious strips of Seoul. Well its reputation was primarily based in the underworld of organized crime. As she had followed Lisa's car, she wondered why the girl would need to come here. When Lisa stopped in front of one of the worst loan sharks in the game alarm bells rang. It had been just over an hour and there had been no sign of the blonde coming out of that wretched building. Pursing her lips, Jisoo turned on the music again. She would listen to the full cd for the third time as she continued to wait.

CL watched in amazement as Dara and Bom fawned over Rosé's cheek. The women had practically ambushed the red head the moment she had stepped in to the booth. She wondered why they never showed such enthusiasm when one of their member's got injured. Thinking for a moment she just boiled it down to the long time they had all spent together. Out of the corner of her eye she saw Minzy eye roll. She smirked.

"Okay, can you guys give her some room to breathe," said Minzy.

Dara gave their youngest member a dirty look and returned her attention to Rosé. Bom on the other hand did move back to her seat.

"Please Rosé, let us at least put something cold on it," Dara pleaded.

Chae shook her head and assured her that she was fine. She forced Dara to sit down and took a sip of her milkshake. Gazing at her watch, CL decided to get to the point.

"It's been a little over three weeks, Rosé,"

"And you have made nearly no head way in the case," added Minzy.

Chae took out the straw from the milkshake and dragged her tongue around the foam. CL wondered how the red head made it look so adorable and erotic at the same time. Minzy elbowed her back to reality. Seeing the under table scuffle Bom decided to take over.

"Rosie, we're concerned. You've been able to infiltrate the agency but now the investigation as stalled. We're worried that you've lost...focus," Chae perked up.

"What does that mean?"

"It just means we're worried that maybe you've forgotten what we told you. I mean it's easy to get caught up in things and lose concentration of the goal," Dara explained.

Chae looked up as she listened closely. She understood where they were coming from. The aim of all of this was to get to the top of YG management. This case was meant to be a step in to the door and getting further in the investigation was meant to move her up the ranks. Unfortunately, the internal drama of Blackpink had distracted her but not once has she lost her drive to attain her goal.

"Thank you, I needed to hear this," she nodded gratefully.

The red head's expansive amount of humility was only one of the reasons why Minzy found her so endearing. She passed Rosé a USB and an envelope. CL began to answer the questions swarming in the girl's eyes.

"There are two reasons why we all wanted to see you. That is the first," she pointed to the items.

"That stuff is going to help blow open this investigation for you and hopefully bring you closer to what you want," she continued.

"Rosé, that USB gives you a breakdown of what that unknown substance is made of. It also gives details on where it is primarily manufactured," said Dara.

"It's a good thing you decided to give us a sample of it as well. We discovered all of this in a week's time," said Minzy.

"Simply put, this should have been play work for YG's forensics department. Like we said from the start you can't trust the agency," said CL.