Chapter Ten

I find myself standing in the clearing from a few days ago complete with stars and a full moon overhead. Confused as to how I got here I look around for my family and pack, but don't see anyone.

"I have to be dreaming." I tell myself.

The last thing I remember was being at the community meeting and then-!

My thoughts are interrupted when I feel a hand at my throat, I stiffen not daring to move a muscle. I feel a warm body press up against my back and lips by my ear.

"Now your mine."

Keira's low whispering breath tickles my ear causing me to shiver, the strange familiar feeling engulfing my body. With her hand still on my throat she leans my head back and begins tracing kisses down my neck. All the while her other hand begins to move across my chest, slowly moving downward. As her hand moves lower and lower my breaths get shorter and shorter. When her hand finally reaches the hem of my pants I'm practically gasping for breath. But she doesn't stop there, her hand continued to move down inside my pants while still maintaining the kisses down my neck. No longer able to stand still I begin to squirm trying to break free, but she keeps a tight hold around me. As her hand begins to encircle my growing erection, she gives it a small squeeze.

"Ahh!"

I jump awake as I cry out, I look around and see my family looking at me with surprised looks on their faces, my sudden yell having startled them. Quickly realizing it was all a dream and try to slow my breathing.

Goddess, what a dream to have in front of my family.

Remembering what had happened I ask, "How long was I out?"

"About 30 minutes." My father replies

As I look around, I notice that we're outside the arena, I was sitting on the ground with my back leaned up against something warm while my family was standing around me. I look back to see what it is that I'm leaned up against and see its Cora's wolf form.

"What did I miss?"

"You fainted." Claire replies trying to hold back a smile.

"I know that," I roll my eyes, "I meant what happened with Keira?" I ask again.

"Don't you have something to tell us first?" I hear Cora ask from behind, having shifted back into human form and was currently putting her clothes back on.

"Is it true, is she your mate?" My father asks me.

Letting out a deep sigh, I answer, "I think so, there's this feeling between us that I just can't seem to.... understand."

"Is it a humming tingling sensation?" Daniella asks, who I just realized was standing next to Lucas.

"Yeah." I answered surprised.

Everyone seems to exhale a sigh of relief at the same time, which confused me.

"Can somebody explain?" I asked slowly.

"Well, she's your mate alright." Alice begins to explain, "That feeling you've been getting is your body aligning to your mates."

"Aligning?" I question, still not getting it.

"Synchronizing." Alice amends. "You know how sometimes me, and Cora just seem to know how the other is feeling without saying anything?"

"Yeah, I've noticed it with my parents and other mates as well, it's the mating bond."

"Exactly, well part of the mating bond is the syncing of the mates together. Everything from your mind, body, and if you want to get religious, soul starts to sync up with that of your mate's." Cora finishes.