chapter four

At about eleven o'clock, the boys curled up in Cas's bed. Cas always slept on the left, while Dean was on the right. It had always been that way. They weren't afraid to be close either. In fact, they would often take turns spooning each other, or even hold hands while they slept. It just felt nice to be close.

"Dean, can we talk?" Dean pulled away his arms that were hugged tight around Cas. "Of course. What's up." Cas was hesitant to talk. "Cas, you can tell me anything."

"When we go to college...will we still be friends?" Cas could feel his eyes begin to well with tears. "Aw, Cas. Of course we will, why would you ever ask something like that?" Dean wiped away Cas's tears and cupped his face in his hands. "But we won't be with each other anymore. What if you forget about me?"

"Cas, I would never forget about you. And I'll text you every single day."

"You will?"

"I promise." Dean wrapped his arms around Cas and gently ran his hand up and down his back. "Hey, Cas? You know you're like the coolest kid I know right?" Cas struggled a lot with his self esteem, and often felt like he wasn't good enough. Dean was very aware of this, even though Cas never really talked about it.

"Dean, you're just saying that cause you're my best friend." Dean sat up. "No, Cas, I'm not. You are so smart and sweet. You can make me laugh so hard, even when I'm at my worst. And you're probably the most handsome boy at our school. Castiel Novak, I can't even explain how incredibly lucky I am to call you my best friend."

Cas was crying again, but this time it was happy tears. "D-Dean. I don't even know what to say. I love you."

"I know." They soon fell asleep with Dean's arms still holding on tightly.

...

Cas woke up spooning Dean. My little spoon, he thought to himself. "Dean, wake up." Dean rubbed his eyes and slowly sat up in bed. He smiled back at Cas. "I love waking up in your bed."

"Me too, Dean. Me too."