chapter six

sorry i was unable to update the past 2 days i've been so busy with family stuff for christmas !!!

First period was slowly ticking away, and Cas thought it would never end. Sitting in the back corner watching Dean and Benny become closer and closer made it even worse. They'd talk and laugh, making it seem like they were having the time of their lives.

Meanwhile Cas doodled on his paper, trying to distract himself. "Castiel! Are you paying attention back there?" Cas shot his head up and quickly closed his notebook. "Yes, ma'am. I'm sorry."

"It's alright. Okay class I need you to choose a partner for today's activity." Cas and Dean has always been partners, there was no question about it. But this time, Dean wasn't turning around. "Dean. Hey, Dean." Cas tried to get his attention.

Dean turned around in his chair with a sour look on his face. "I'm sorry, Cas. I think I'm gonna be partners with Benny this time." Cas heart sunk into his stomach. "What?"

"I'm sorry, Cas." Dean turned back around.

"Okay, who doesn't have a partner?" Cas awkwardly raised his hand. "Castiel, Im sorry. You'll have to do the assignment on your own. I'm sure you can handle it." Cas glared at Dean who was avoiding eye contact.

...

"Hey, Cas! You want my goldfish?" Cas pouted, "I'm not in the mood." Dean knew he had made a mistake, but was not sure what to say. "Cas, look I'm sorry I left you alone in class today. It's just, Benny asked me and I thought, you know, I should branch out?"

"Whatever, Dean. It's fine." Cas lied. He was still upset with Dean, but he didn't want to fight. After all they had never fought before, and he sure didn't want to start now.

...

That night Cas couldn't sleep. He let his paranoia and anxiety get the best of him. He pulled out his phone and began to text Dean.

cas: dean?

dean: ya cas?

cas: are we ok?

dean: cas y wouldn't we be?

cas: idk

dean: oh cas. go to sleep bud

Cas shut off his phone, but something still didn't feel right.