chapter eleven

Cas was having a difficult time understanding Dean. At one minute they're the best friends they've always been, and then suddenly it's like they were never friends at all. He tried his best to focus on Hannah, and not let his anxiety get the best of him.

But he couldn't help but think of Dean every time he was with her. Especially when he kissed her. He loved kissing her so he could fantasize about Dean, imagining it was his soft lips pressed against his. Was it normal to think about his best friend this way?

These thoughts began swirling through his mind and he had his lips pressed to Hannah's. He felt his hands begin to tingle and a knot forming in his stomach. He pulled away and clutched his chest. "Cas? Cas, what's going on?"

Hannah was unaware of Cas's anxiety problems, and began to panic. "What is going on?! Are you okay?!" She grabbed his phone and called the one person she figured could help.

"Dean? This is Hannah. It's Cas! He can't breath and he's freaking out I don't know what to do!" Right as Cas began to calm down, Dean pulled into the driveway. "Why the fuck did you call him?"

"Cas, you were freaking out I didn't know what to do."

"It was a goddamn anxiety attack, okay? I'm fine." Dean opened the door, with an angry expression on his face. Cas couldn't believe he answered the phone, let alone showed up. "Well, you seem pretty fine to me."

"I had an attack but I'm fine now." Hannah could tell something was wrong between the two of them. "Cas, I've gotta get going. It seems like you two have a lot to talk about." Before Cas could say a word, she was gone.

"Dean? Thanks for coming." Dean rolled his eyes and headed for the door. Cas grabbed his arm, stopping him from taking another step. "Please stay. Dean, I miss you. This isn't fair."

"Isn't fair? Isn't fair? You know what's not fair Cas? You just abandoning me for some random girl that you never even told me about! Me! Your best friend!"

"Oh, may I remind you how you've practically replaced me with Benny?"

"He didn't replace you, Cas! He's just my friend! Am I not allowed to have friends, now?"

"Am I not allowed to have a girlfriend?" Dean was silent. Cas swore he saw tears welling in his eyes. Without any hesitation, Dean left, shutting the door behind him.