chapter five

It was the night of the first football game, and Cas was sitting on the bench as usual. He didn't play much, mostly due to the fact that he joined the team solely for Dean. He didn't mind, though. He really enjoyed watching Dean out on the field.

Normally Cas would be up on his feet, cheering Dean on, but not this time. Something about the loud crowds and heat of the bright lights was getting to his head. He felt his chest tightening, and his breaths getting short and fast. He struggled to his feet and began to run to the locker room.

Dean spotted this out of the corner of his eye and called a timeout. He found Cas on the floor in tears. "Cas, buddy, what's wrong?" Cas didn't answer. "Hey Cas, look at me," he said, cupping his face in his hands. His voice softened, "What's wrong?"

Cas struggled to speak, "I-I don't k-know. One minute I was f-fine, then the next I c-could breathe." Dean wrapped his arms around him. He didn't care he was delaying the game. All that mattered was that Cas was okay. They sat there hugging each other for about five minutes. They didn't say a word, just held onto each other like the world depended on it.

"Dean? Don't you have to get back to the game?"

"That depends. Are you alright?"

"I think so. Get back out there, bud. Oh, and Dean? Thank you so much." Dean smiled softly and ran back to the field. Cas decided it was best for him to go home. So, he called his mom and she came and picked him up. About two hours later, Cas's phone lit up with texts from Dean.

dean: where are u?
dean: i hope ur ok
dean: dammit cas i can't find u anywhere
dean: did u go home?

Cas realized he should've told Dean he left instead of running off like that.

cas: omg im so sorry. i had my mom pick me up...still wasn't feeling great

dean: DAMMIT CAS U SCARED ME and y didn't u tell me u still weren't feeling good??!!

cas: im sorry dean :/

dean: well i'm just glad ur ok...kinda bummed u weren't there cheering me on tho :( i only do good when i have u there

cas: well i promise i won't leave again

dean: good :) well goodnight cas i hope u sleep well u deserve it

cas: goodnight dean winchester