9

—DANIEL
"We should get her a pony." My jaw dropped. "Jonah, stop trying to make our daughter a spoiled trust fund baby." I shut his idea down quickly. "Fine." He pouted.

I sighed as he remained quiet after that. He scrolled down the list we had made for Yara's birthday party. "We can get her a stuffed animal that is a pony, but that's the only compromise I'm willing to make." I gave in. Jonah quickly brightened up.

He pulled me towards him, forgetting about the party planning all together. I laced my lips with his, a smile on my face. "I love you." He murmured in between kisses.

I pulled him closer, sticking my tongue into his mouth. Yara was already in bed, it was just him and I now. Jonah slowly pushed me backwards, leaning over me. I hummed into his mouth out of appreciation.

"What are you doing?" I quickly jumped at our daughter's voice. Jonah pulled away, an amused smile on his lips. "Hey baby." She waddled to our bed sleepily. "I wanna sleep here tonight."

Jonah gave me a look. I giggled secretly as she inserted herself between us. I knew that he was horny, but my daughter always comes first. She cuddled with us under the covers and laid her head on my chest.

"Afraid to sleep alone honey?" I rubbed her back soothingly. "No, I just miss you daddy." My heart swelled up with her words. I kissed her forehead as she played with my fingers.

"Why do you wear that ring all the time?" She mumbled while yawning. "It's my wedding ring." She ran her little fingers over it. "It's pretty. Did papa give it to you?" I nodded.

"Why?" Jonah looked at me, amused. Nothing we love more than our four year old's never ending questions. "Because it's a symbol of our love." She looked up at me. "What does that mean?"

I took my ring off and held it up to her. "Can you tell me where the circle starts? Where it ends?" I asked her. "No." Yara shook her head. "Exactly. Your papa and I's love has no beginning and no end."

She slowly smiled at the idea. I showed her the ring up close. "See? I have your papa's name written on the inside." She took a closer look before she fell back onto me.

"So Yara, what do you want for your birthday?" Jonah joined the conversation. The little girl blinked slowly, clearly sleepy. "A baby." She finally said. I immediately looked over at Jonah.

"Like a baby sister or brother?" Jonah asked. Yara nodded her head, her eyes barely open. And a few seconds after that, she was asleep on my chest. I shut my eyes too, hoping that we'd hear from the adoption agency soon.

New Daniel Seavey fanfic "Pen" out now !!

-dolanschonce