12

—DANIEL
I've been biting my lip so hard this whole time, avoiding telling anyone. Jonah said that since Yara wanted a sibling for her birthday, we should announce it to everyone then.

Once the day finally came, I was overwhelmed with excitement. Not only was our daughter turning five, but we were going to see everyone's reaction to our news. Two new babies.

I still felt like it was too much for us to handle. But one things for sure, I had enough love to give to two more. It was going to be great for us. If anything, it'll only make us stronger as a couple.

Our guests started to arrive around five. They included Yara's friends, Corbyn, Christina and their son, Zach and Jack, and my mother. My father was supposed to show up too, but of course he was too busy at work.

The grown ups grabbed their drinks and sat around, conversing—mostly about Jack and Zach's wedding plans. I sat beside Jonah on the couch, his hand on my thigh like it always is. Yara and the other kids were busy trying to break a unicorn piñata open.

"We're thinking maybe we'd get married somewhere in Europe." I looked at Jonah immediately, widening my eyes at him. He didn't seem to pick up on what I'm saying. "No—"I budded in, "have it somewhere near by, that way more people will show up."

That wasn't the honest reason why. We were getting our babies in a few weeks so we wouldn't be able to go on a plane with them so young. Can you just imagine? Two crying babies, a clingy husband, and a five year child who will never stop begging for sugar. I think I'll pass.

"Daniel's right." Jack agreed. I sighed out of relief. "I actually don't care, I'd get married in a dump as long as I'm getting married to you." Zach cuddled into Jack's side. I couldn't decide if I wanted to awe or gag.

Sometimes they act like they're the only ones in love. Where in reality, I think Jonah and I have a better relationship. I mean where can you find a man that is willing to have sex with you in a hot tub on the roof?

"Daddy!" Yara called out. I got up, leaving Jonah begging me to come back to him with his eyes. "Yeah baby?" I paused midway, seeing all the other kids sprawled on the floor collecting candy. Why do people trust me with their kids?

"Time for cake?" She smiled. "Sure." I said slowly. As if these kids need any more sugar. I chuckled at her before I made my way to the kitchen. Seconds later, Jonah had joined me.

"She's never gonna go to sleep tonight. You can forget about our plans." I said while lining up five candles on her unicorn cake. "We should've fed them vegetables." Jonah shook his head. I laughed in return.

Soon, everyone was gathered around the table. "Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Yara." Everyone sang in unison.

My heart melted at the sight of her. There she was, smiling as bright as ever, a pink dress on and a French braid in her hair that Jonah had done after watching 10 different YouTube tutorials.

"Make a wish." I told her. She shut her eyes and blew out the candles, leaving everyone to cheer. I picked her up, placing her on my hip. "Happy birthday baby girl." I kissed her cheek, Jonah doing the same shortly after.

After that, everyone gathered around as she opened her presents. Zach and Jack had spoiled her with a new dollhouse, my mother gave her a bike and Corbyn and Christina gave her diamond earrings.

Jonah and I saved our present for the last slot. "Here you go princess." Jonah handed her the small box. She opened it, her eyes glowing with excite immediately. "It's beautiful!" She cheered.

"Thanks papa! Thanks daddy!" She hugged us both, slipping the little butterfly ring onto her finger right after. "I love butterflies." She smiled, admiring it. Jonah and I exchanged a look, knowing that we've biased her on that.

"Why do you always get me stuff with butterflies on them daddy?" She looked up at me. "It's a symbol of your papa and I's love story." Jonah smiled at my words. "Can you tell me the story?" I laughed a little. "When you're a little older, we will."

It's funny how symbolic Jonah's tattoo has become to us. When we went to adopt Yara, her parents told us that her name meant "small butterfly" in Arabic. And that's how we knew she was meant to be ours.

Soon, all Yara's friends began to head home, leaving only the adults behind. "Daniel and I have some news." Jonah announced, grabbing everyone's attention. Yara's big eyes beamed with curiosity too.

"We've been discussing this for a while. And when we asked Yara what she wanted for her birthday, she said she wanted a sibling." Zach gasped, immediately catching on.

"So we're making your wish come true baby girl, you're getting twin brothers next month!" Yara squealed. "Really daddy?" She jumped on me, making me laugh and pull her into a hug.

"I love you so much!" She dragged Jonah into the hug. After that, everyone congratulated us. It felt like a heavy weight had been pulled off my chest. "I love you." I kissed Jonah. "I love you too."

I was gonna make Donah's relationship start falling apart, but nvm. It's gonna be a happy, cliche love story. 3 chapters left.

-dolanschonce